Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I'm getting this message: WPML Update is Incomplete.

Solution: Update manually every WPML plugin with the latest ones downloaded from your account page. Then don't forget to clean the cache details.

To do a manual update please follow these steps:

1. Backup your database – see for example: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-db-backup/

2. Deactivate the existing WPML plugin and add-ons.

3. Delete the plugin files – this does not delete your translations. You will simply delete the plugin files from you "wp-content/plugins" folder, NOT the database records.

4. Download the updated plugins from our servers (https://wpml.org/account/downloads/) and upload them to the plugin directory.

5. Activate the WPML plugin and add-ons.

100% of people find this useful.

Author Posts
July 5, 2016 at 7:25 pm #944284

dylanA

I am trying to: I'm want to solved this :
WPML Update is Incomplete
You are running updated sitepress-multilingual-cms, but the following component is not updated:
wpml-media-translation
wpml-string-translation
wpml-translation-management
Your site will not work as it should in this configuration Please update all components which you are using. For WPML components you can receive updates from your WPML.org account or automatically, after you register WPML.

--- I've tried everything, overwrite the plugins. Deleted and again manuel trough ftp upload. But it still give me this problem. HELP HELP HELP

URL of (my) website where problem appears:hidden link

I expected to see: Well nothing about update and it to work fine.

Instead, I got: WPML Update is Incomplete
You are running updated sitepress-multilingual-cms, but the following component is not updated:
wpml-media-translation
wpml-string-translation
wpml-translation-management
Your site will not work as it should in this configuration Please update all components which you are using. For WPML components you can receive updates from your WPML.org account or automatically, after you register WPML

Steps to duplicate the issue:

July 5, 2016 at 8:27 pm #944352

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-08:00)

**Before we proceed I recommend to please take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website.**
I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to fix the issue.
(preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible)

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Thank you,
Bobby

July 6, 2016 at 2:46 am #944582

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-08:00)

Hello,

Thank you for the Access Details !

Regarding the duplicator warnings , those seem OK , it will always give you warnings if something "according to the plugin" might cause issues creating the backup, but if you were able to get the .zip files everyting is ok as far as that.

Like you said i dont see the error and your WPML is up to date, i suggest going to WPML=>Support=>Troubleshooting and clearing up the WPML cache also clearing up your browser cache.

The error overall is a normal error that shows up when your Main WPML plugin is up to date but a secondary one such as Translation Manager is in an older version. seems like when you were updating your cache caused this error.

Let me know your results

July 6, 2016 at 6:04 am #944687

dylanA

Bobby Friend,

Its all okay know. So to solve the problem: Solution.
Just overwrite every plugin with a new one downloaded from your site manually. And then don't forget to clean the cache details:)!

Thank you very much for the great support.(Y)

Kind regards
Dylan