This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by camiloN 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
August 27, 2019 at 1:51 am #4461907

camiloN

I am trying to:
Add this tour to Spanish
hidden link

Before we were using lang=es parameter and for SEO performance we decided to change to "Different languages in directories". Since then I can't duplicate the content from the English product.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
hidden link

Instead, I got:
hidden link

August 27, 2019 at 9:14 am #4464145

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi

I understand that you would like to duplicate the English post to Spanish but the system is not allowing this action to complete.

1. Temporary Access to your system
Please provide access to your system (wp-admin and ftp) so that I can further investigate this particular problem. The fields to provide this data are included in a private section that I will open for your next response. You can find it above the comments area. The information in this private section is only visible between WPML Support and you.

2. Activate WP Debug
Please modify you wp-config.php file to activate the WordPress debug mode.
https://wordpress.org/support/article/debugging-in-wordpress/

Thanks

September 4, 2019 at 7:25 pm #4513855

Yvette
Supporter

Can you please recheck the credentials you provided? When I cut&paste the username/passwrod, the system says they are incorrect.

I am opening the private area again in case you need to communicate new credentials.
Thanks

September 9, 2019 at 7:01 am #4533963

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

Thank you for the access. There were 2 issues that might have affected your ability to duplicate Tours post type.

1. Transation Management
This was not completely setup. I did this for you.

2. Tours translation setting
You had the WPML Multilingual option set to "Make Tour appear as translated" (see image). With this setting, it is not possible to Duplicate the post type. I´ve changed it to "Translate" and now you have this options available to you.

Does this answer your question?

September 11, 2019 at 6:19 pm #4555897

camiloN

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!