This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
April 15, 2019 at 4:58 pm #3615099

Baptiste

Hello,
I've tried all saturday to translate my theme but I do not understand anything despite the fact that I'm relatively comfortable using WordPress. Sorry if some of the vocabulary I'm using is not perfect: I'm translating whyat i'm seeing in my WordPress installation in french.
I added all the strings of my theme to the translation basket. I then sent the lot to "first available".
After that, I received an e-mail inviting me to accept the job. When I clicked on the link, I was sent to the "Channel Translation" page, which says "Waiting for Translator" (sic) for all items.
When I go to "Translations", I see "No translation work found".
I repeated the operation with other elements that appear in "Theme and plugins translation" but ran into the same issue each time.
In "Translations Management> Translation Jobs", I try to assign items to a user, but the "Select Translator" drop-down menu is empty.
In "Translation Management> Translation Roles", my default administrator account is set up as "Translation Manager", with the mention "You can translate to and from all languages" in the "Translators" area, and I also tried to create another user by manually assigning all the language combinations.

I am stuck and waste time trying to figure out how to translate my theme. I hope a good soul will come to my rescue quickly ????

April 16, 2019 at 9:08 am #3620263

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

I am checking the issue with our team now. We would like to access the admin area of your site for further checking. Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup.

Please check the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

hidden link

--
Thanks!

Bigul

April 16, 2019 at 5:00 pm #3624161

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the login information. I have checked the issue with our team. Now there are limitations if we are doing the following steps.

For example, an admin user is sending String for translation via Translation Management(Translation Basket & Jobs) to a Local Translator. If the Local Translator is an Admin or Editor user, then they have to translate the strings from WPML>>String Translations.

Please check the attached image for more details and let me know your feedback.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

April 17, 2019 at 2:59 pm #3632173

Baptiste

Hello Bigul,

this does not solve my question. Let me rephrase: how can I use the Advanced Translation Editor to efficiently translate my themes & plugins strings?

April 17, 2019 at 4:32 pm #3632981

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. For your kind information, with WPML Advance Translation Editor we can only translate Posts, Pages and Custom Posts. It will not be possible to translate the plugins or theme strings with WPML Advance Translation Editor or Classical Translation Editor.

Please check the following documentation for more details.

https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/advanced-translation-editor/

--
Thanks!

Bigul

April 21, 2019 at 8:23 am #3651873

Baptiste

Alright, I get it now 🙂 thank you for your help