This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by zuzannaR 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
January 22, 2020 at 12:04 am #5336721

zuzannaR

I am using the WPML's Classic Translation Editor and I am unable to preview the translation. I would assume that when I press SAVE and later go to my website, I would see the translation, but unfortunately it's not there.

When I purchased the WPML Blog option, I was able to edit the content directly in Elementor and I could see the preview. Once I've upgraded, I not only can't edit directly in Elementor, but also there's no way for me to see the preview.

I checked the documentation, but can't seem to find any answer there. Can you point me to some screenshots that show how to preview the translation?

My website is currently in Coming soon mode, but I can create an account for you to check the backend if there's a way in this forum to send a private answer.

Thanks.

January 22, 2020 at 8:08 am #5338503

zuzannaR

EDIT:
I translated one short page ENTIRELY, clicked on "view" and was able to see the translation on the page.
I would like to know if it's possible to preview the translation when only a FEW segments are translated.

January 22, 2020 at 11:59 am #5340379

zuzannaR

EDIT 2:
As mentioned before, I've translated one entire page. Its status is "Completed" and I can correctly preview it on the frontend.

I realized that I need to make some changes to the translation, but when I enetered them and saved the new translation, the front-end doesn't reflect it. I can still see the old translation.

Why is this happening? Am I doing something wrong?

January 22, 2020 at 12:45 pm #5340947

zuzannaR

EDIT 3 - hopefully final.
Is there a way to edit my previous posts, so that I don't have to add a new one each time?

I managed to solve the last issue - the translations DOES update when I change it.

I still need the answers to the following:
1. How can I preview the translation on the front-end?
2. Do I need to translate the ENTIRE page in order to see it live, or is it possible to translate only few segments and then see how it looks on the front-end?

January 23, 2020 at 12:53 am #5344505

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Regarding your questions:

1 - "How can I preview the translation on the front-end?"

You need to make sure your translated is marked as 100% complete when using the WPML Classic Translation Editor before seeing your translation published in your website frontend.

See: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-the-translation-editor/

2 - "Do I need to translate the ENTIRE page in order to see it live, or is it possible to translate only few segments and then see how it looks on the front-end?"

As said before, yes, you need to make sure your entire page is translated before seeing its changes in the frontend when using the WPML Classic Translation Editor, the same doesn't happen if you make a manual translation using the WordPress page/post editor or a page builder for example.

See:

https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-different-translation-editors-for-different-pages/

https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/how-wpml-keeps-track-of-your-translations/

Please, let me know if it helps to clarify your questions, have a nice day.

January 23, 2020 at 6:47 am #5345751

zuzannaR

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!