This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice.

Last updated by danS-13 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
April 28, 2019 at 3:20 pm #3698335

danS-13

I am trying to: Upload an American flag instead of the British flag. In case you are unaware, the size of the entire United Kingdom is about half of the size of the state of California, only one of the states of the United States of America, and the USA is the number 1 economy in the world. You might think with all the hundreds of the same questions being posted to WPML by paying customers from the USA who want USA flags, that WPML might take that into account and add a USA flag, but apparently there is a major insecurity issue or prejudice issue within the WPML staff as I've seen this request has been asked by hundreds of people in the forums for years. Definitely makes me consider looking into other options for translation programs for my websites as prejudice is not a quality that should accompany such a largely distributed plugin.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: Under development, but you can see the attached image.

I expected to see: A USA flag

Instead, I got: A broken image.

April 28, 2019 at 3:37 pm #3698465

danS-13

I replaced the en.png in /wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/res/flags/en.png with the American flag rather than going through the more complicated process as shown in the support forum.