This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 18 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
April 13, 2019 at 2:15 pm #3604797

HansonB

Hello,

I'm using the latest WPML, but the WooCommerce Variations is missing on new post. This is a serious issue, please help! The previous post was worked even after the updated. But, the new post are all missing on the translation site. Please check it out. hidden link (Only the English default site works.)

Sincerely,
Hanson

April 14, 2019 at 7:55 am #3607131

HansonB

Hello,

Here I provided the latest situation to you! The translation variations is missing on all content haven't translated. This is the correct situation, not all previous are work.

If the content has been translated, then the variations will showing correctly. So, do you have any idea about the setting? Please let me know. Thank you!

Sincerely,
Hanson

April 14, 2019 at 4:11 pm #3608373

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

I'm not sure I get the situation.
The variations do not appear for untranslated content, even if you are using the option "fallback on the second language"?

Did you provide a copy of the site? I cannot see it.

April 15, 2019 at 5:58 am #3609857

HansonB

Hello Laura,

They're all set on "Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language". However the copy site is ready for your debug. Thank you!

April 15, 2019 at 6:25 am #3610003

HansonB

Hello Laura,

The site looks change. Have you edited it?

April 15, 2019 at 7:00 am #3610157

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi,

I didn't touch your site, I don't even have credentials, so I can't access it. I don't think the migration is responsible, we migrated hundreds of sites and none was in any way affected.

So, to resume:
- variations work on translated product
- variations do not work on untranslated product

Is that correct?

April 15, 2019 at 7:11 am #3610267

HansonB

Yes, if you need that I can provide few product to present where is the issue.

The site is work original after the migration, but now is errors.
◆ The theme directory "mystile-child" does not exist.
◆ ERROR: The themes directory is either empty or doesn’t exist. Please check your installation.

What's the problem? I haven't used Cloudways. Let me know. Thank you!

April 16, 2019 at 7:47 am #3619303

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

it seems something went wrong with the migration. I can't see plugins or theme in your site.
Which hosting are you using? Maybe it's blocking the migration.

Could you provide credentials so I can take a Duplicator of your site for testing? I'll enable a private reply.

April 16, 2019 at 7:53 am #3619355

Laura
Supporter

Could you also try to set "product variation" to "fallback to default language" in WPML -> Settings -> Post Type Synchronization?

April 16, 2019 at 8:18 am #3619645

HansonB

It was set on "Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language".

I can 100% make sure the migration was done. I linked to there after it has done, then it showed the errors. I just only deactivate the plugin after It was done. Let me know. Thank you!

April 16, 2019 at 9:00 am #3620191

HansonB

Hello,

I think this time might be OK! Please try it again - hidden link

Should I provide you an admin account? Thank you!

April 17, 2019 at 10:09 am #3629401

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

I can access the site now, but something is wrong: I cannot see attributes, nor adding them.

Can you tell me if setting "product variation" to "Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language" helps with the issue or not?

April 17, 2019 at 10:40 am #3629759

HansonB

Hello,

I've tried, but it doesn't work. The variations was translated, but the issue only happen when the product post hasn't be translated. It can be worked when translated even just duplicate the original product post.

Sincerely,
Hanson

April 18, 2019 at 10:39 am #3638387

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

the endpoint issue has been solved with WCML 4.6.0 which was related yesterday.
Do you still want to use the "show as translated or fallback to default language" or do you prefer to show only translated products? Because if you changed the settings only because of the endpoint issue, you can update WCML and revert the setting as they were. You told me that variation works for translated products.

April 18, 2019 at 11:15 am #3638703

HansonB

Hello Laura,

This is my solution. Actually, we only change the setting for post, not product. So, that isn't the reason to make the issue. Maybe the issue exist has been there for a long time if I remember correct.

However, we have lots of product used the original language, so product set on "show as translated or fallback to default language". We can not change or it will be disappear from translation site. I prefer the solution is solve the problem. Maybe where be conflicted.

Sincerely,
Hanson

The topic ‘[Closed] I'm using the latest WPML, but the WooCommerce Variations is missing on new post’ is closed to new replies.