This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 3.94 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 25 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ricardoA-26 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Author Posts
August 14, 2019 at 3:20 pm #4396315

ricardoA-26

I am trying to set up a woocommerce shop in two languages with a woocommerce Composite product in English, which is to be sold in Swedish as well. In English everything looks fine, and the components appear/are displayed and it works- but not in generated Swedish one, it's only generated but doesn't work at all.

Please help me ASAP!

August 15, 2019 at 2:05 pm #4401375

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello @ricardoa-26, welcome to the WPML support Forum!

You are using the "WooCommerce Composite Products" plugin, correct? If so, the plugin is listed as compatible, but with know issues.

This seems to be a new compatibility issue. In these cases, these are the procedures:
- Install the theme/plugin in a clean installation and reproduce the problem in this new installation. So we can isolate it and do some testing without the interference of server settings or other plugins
- After this, I will check the problem in this new installation and look for a quick solution
- If I can not find a solution, I will forward the problem to our compatibility team
- The compatibility team will do some more testing and will contact the product author to fix the issue

I created a test website with a clean WordPress install. You can access it through this link:
hidden link - Through this link you will be automatically logged in.

Please upload the plugin to this test install, setup it the same way as in your website (using the same options) and create some dummy content to reproduce the issue. Please note that we only need the plugin and the related functionality, you don't need to setup a entire website or clone your existing site.

After that, please send us clear steps on how to see/reproduce the issue on this test install. We will run some tests.

All the best,
Diego

August 15, 2019 at 7:34 pm #4403175

ricardoA-26

Hi Diego,

Correct, all woocommerce official plugins, composite products, bundle products and max/min. I've done as you asked.

I've created 1 Composite product- with 2 components called Bundle A and B. Bundle A is a product bundle with 2 items called component 1 and 2, and Bundle B has 2 items called component 3 and 4. Each item is a singel product.

While purchasing this Composite you simply choose the items and click forward.

WPML is not working, please help me ASAP!

Thank you!

August 16, 2019 at 9:49 am #4405757

ricardoA-26

P.S. I'm also using WooCommerce Multilingual- of course.

August 16, 2019 at 11:45 am #4406131

ricardoA-26

I see your plugin isn't working while being in the shop- in Swedish mode.

Diego.. let me know if you want/- and how admin access.

August 16, 2019 at 7:09 pm #4407961

ricardoA-26

Diego- how is it going? I need this working asap!

August 16, 2019 at 8:15 pm #4408107

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi there,

Thank you very much for replicating the issue on the clean install. I did some tests:
- Tested with the english product and it worked as expected: hidden link
- Then I noticed that the products and the shop pages are not translated. I duplicated all to the spanish language but the product not worked

After that, I deleted the duplications to start again. Then translated the products in the following order:
- Translated the "Components" products
- Translated the "Bundle" products
- Then translated the "Composite" product

After that, the translation worked as expected. I was able to place and complete a order with the spanish version of the product.

Could you please take a look at the translated product on the tst website and check if it works as expected? hidden link

If so, could you please try the same steps on your website? (Translate the products on the same order). Make sure that the woocommerce pages (checkout, cart, shop, etc) are also translated.

If you think that the test site is not working as expected, please let me know the details and steps to reproduce and I will take another look.

Kind regards,
Diego

August 18, 2019 at 10:36 pm #4412767

ricardoA-26

Hi Diego,

Your plugin has many buggs. I've not been able to use for Composite products, with bundled products as components. The only way I've managed until now is duplicate the composite, BUT that duplication is locking the settings from the original.. optional, dropdown etc. incorrectly.

I end up having to isolate the duplicated product completely from the original for it work. I can live with this (even though it's not optional)- but then the language-switch, ones in the product-page of the composite doesn't work for some reason.

PLEASE RESOLVE these issues ASAP.

August 18, 2019 at 10:51 pm #4412777

ricardoA-26

.... "BUT that duplication is locking the settings from the original.. optional, dropdown etc. incorrectly." ... = means your plugin duplicate is not translating the composite with the right settings, which makes it incompatible with woocommerce composite products.

August 19, 2019 at 1:00 pm #4416239

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hi there,

The lock is expected. These settings should be copied automatically. We recommend using the classic editor to translate products and not using the manual editor. On the testing site the products are working correctly after translating the products in the correct order.

I sent some instructions to replicate the website through a private message (previous answer).

Please let me know if it worked for you. If so, please send us clear instructions on how to see/reproduce the issue.

Kind regards,
Diego

August 20, 2019 at 12:34 pm #4423663

ricardoA-26

Diego, before we go ahead with that. Pleas explain why the composite, hidden link , is changing the "setup" display when you switch languages?

August 20, 2019 at 12:52 pm #4423783

ricardoA-26

I created another on just now, hidden link ... please get back to me ASAP.

August 20, 2019 at 2:53 pm #4424681

ricardoA-26

Or this one better... hidden link

August 20, 2019 at 4:53 pm #4425533

ricardoA-26

Conclusion Diego:

1. I have to make the translated/duplicated product independent from the original- and translate it manually for it work. I understand this is how it should be then, is that correct?

2. Everything is working except that it's not taking/reading/understanding that the components are set to be optional. In the original, the "optional" selection is chosen in my case... se under component- Basic Settings ... but in the duplicated one it is set to "not" optional. Please advice?

August 20, 2019 at 4:58 pm #4425573

ricardoA-26

And...

3. It chooses component- option style- Dropdown, instead of Thumbnails as I have in the original one. Please advice?