This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:I need the plugin for a new site. I saw the plugin was working with my last site 3 times (maybe for three plugins?). But now I bought a new subscription for a new site, but the system only renewed the last subscription.

Solution:It looks like you are currently using WPML under the WPML CMS license which does indeed allow you to register up to 3 sites.

https://wpml.org/purchase/

if you have 3 sites already registered you will not be able to register another unless you upgrade to WPML AGENCY or remove one of the other sites to open a space.

If i understand correctly, you mentioned that you bough a new subscription ? is this a seperate one from the one you had ?

please verify that you bought a seperate account and not just renewed your current subscription.

if that is the case or if you bought a WPML Agency Subscription please contact our Accounts Team and they will be able to assist you further.

https://wpml.org/home/contact-us/contact-form/

Relevant Documentation:

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by gabrielaC-4 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
September 3, 2018 at 7:08 pm #2700790

gabrielaC-4

I am trying to:
I need the plugin for a new site. I saw the plugin was working with my last site 3 times (maybe for three plugins?). But now I bought a new subscription for a new site, but the system only renewed the last subscription. I need to work in another site, no in vonbernathconsulting.com.
My new site under development is "phareabogados.cl/wordpress" and I downloaded the plugins thinking to register another key for this site, but I found the three key registed.
I hope your help.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: The issue is not visible.

I expected to see: I need to install the plugin in phareabogados.cl/wordpress.

Instead, I got: Only errors.

September 4, 2018 at 7:27 am #2702020

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi There,

It looks like you are currently using WPML under the WPML CMS license which does indeed allow you to register up to 3 sites.

https://wpml.org/purchase/

if you have 3 sites already registered you will not be able to register another unless you upgrade to WPML AGENCY or remove one of the other sites to open a space.

If i understand correctly, you mentioned that you bough a new subscription ? is this a seperate one from the one you had ?

please verify that you bought a seperate account and not just renewed your current subscription.

if that is the case or if you bought a WPML Agency Subscription please contact our Accounts Team and they will be able to assist you further.

https://wpml.org/home/contact-us/contact-form/

also , please share with me the errors you are receiving if possible

thank you !

September 4, 2018 at 1:49 pm #2703565

gabrielaC-4

Hi
Yes, I have a CMS licence, but only one site (www.vonbernathconsulting.com).
For some reason I needed three keys. Is possible to know if this three keys are in use or was only an error? Is important for me to know if I still have the possibility of to register two sites more.

Yes, I bought again thinking to bought a new CMS license but the system (I think) recognize my email and only renew my account and no bought a new one.

I need to register now a new site. Then I have two possibilities, one is to clean some unused key in my normal CMS account and register there my new site and also renewal with my new bought, and the other possibilitie is to bought a new account and here I need your help (I need your help anyway) not to renew my normal CMS license, but to buy another CMS new license. It's possible? please, I need to enable this site as soon as possible.

September 4, 2018 at 5:35 pm #2704235

Bobby
Supporter

Hello,

for buying a new domain and reversing the upgrade for example, you will need to contact our Accounts Team and they will be able to help you from there.

if you have only one site registered then you should be able to register more.

you can check your sites here

-> https://wpml.org/account/sites/

and then register the site using the following steps

go to https://wpml.org/account/sites/ there you should be able to see your site registered (unless u never register your site before)

then click on the little trash icon

and follow the steps shown in the video hidden link

September 4, 2018 at 6:02 pm #2704326

gabrielaC-4

Hi
Yes, I can see I have a message "Site keys limit reached. Your account does not allow to add more site keys", then I have three keys for only one site. This is my doubt.
I don't have have 3 sites registered. I have only three different URL for one same site.

Please tell me where I have to contact someone -maybe from commercial- for to buy the subscription of a new site and not renew the one I already have.

September 4, 2018 at 6:11 pm #2704347

Bobby
Supporter

Hello,

please share with me a screenshot of your accounts page.

are you using the URL format for different domain per language on your main site ?

note: i have shared the contact form on my first reply for our Accounts Team.

first i would like to see if you really need to have all these URL registered since its for the main site you should try to register only the default language URL.

September 4, 2018 at 6:14 pm #2704349

gabrielaC-4

I don't know if this is the best way to do this, but in the video you send me hidden link I also can see differents URL of a one same site. I send you a screenshot of my account.

September 5, 2018 at 10:17 am #2706218

Bobby
Supporter

Hello,

are all your URLs under your account for "hidden link" ? i cant tell from the screenshot.

please try the following.

go to your account and delete all three of them.

then re register your site with WPML only one time and not 3 times and let me know your results

there is no need for the site to be registered 3 times for the same URL you can only use one key per site.

the video is from a testing environment, using different keys for testing purposes.

September 5, 2018 at 2:18 pm #2707529

gabrielaC-4

Thanks! I think this is working! I hope the site vonbernathconsulting do not have problems later!
Although when I activated WPML I lost my only two pages I built with Divi theme. And also I couldn't see if they are in trash because with WPML options I don't have the trash option for to search. Is normal when are there a new WPML installation the site reset from the beginnig? Now I create a demo-page for to test if this were a troubleshoot with the theme, but this was not the problem.
I lost my pages!
I know my first question was not with this issue and now this is another thing. Thank for to resolve my first doubt.

September 5, 2018 at 2:55 pm #2707730

Bobby
Supporter

Hello,

the only way to lose a translation would be if it was either 1. deleted 2. somebody RESET WPML from within WPML->Support->Troubleshooting because simply re registering WPML or removing and re installing would not remove translations.

if you are still experiencing this issue please open a new ticket and we will be able to further help you debug this if needed , as we try to keep each ticket to 1 issue

September 5, 2018 at 5:56 pm #2708434

gabrielaC-4

Yes. I lose two pages, no two translations. The problem happened at the same time I updated the theme and something must have happened there. Now I do not think it's related to WPLM.
Thank you very much for your help, now I will start to translate ..! Thank again.