This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Rajeeb Banstola 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Rajeeb Banstola.

Author Posts
June 11, 2019 at 8:41 pm #3998541

sofiaL-5

I am displaying products based on categories in my shop and am using english as my default language. In the english category page, I have uploaded an image that is the banner that appears on top of the page (see image below).

I have translated all the categories to Spanish and uploaded the images with the banner in Spanish. I have also done the media translation of the image. The banner for my product category page in Spanish is not showing.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

Here is the english category page with the banner: hidden link

Here is the link to the Spanish category page:hidden link

June 12, 2019 at 8:34 pm #4007601

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Thank you for your patience!

I was able to translate and see the changed image on front-end in my local installation with a default theme.

So, I believe the issue could be with the theme you are using.

I would like to do some more test to make sure this is a compatibility issue ( if it is ). In order to do so, please provide me admin username and password to your site. I've marked your next reply as private so that only you and I have access to it.

Before providing me the details, please update WordPress, themes and plugins you are using.

Regards,
Rajeeb

June 14, 2019 at 7:54 am #4019043

sofiaL-5

Hi Rajeeb, thank you for your reply.

I logged in to the sandbox and saw there is an image uploaded already for the category header, but the image does not display on the category page. I'm not sure how I can replicate the issue. Please advise.

- Sofia

June 15, 2019 at 3:51 am #4025365

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi Sofia,

That would confirm my suspicions. The image category heading is not working even in minimal environment with just theme and required plugins active.

This would mean the issue is within the theme. I suggest you to get in touch with your theme author to make sure the field works properly.

Moreover, I was unable to find your theme in our list of compatible themes:

https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/

Also, please let your theme author know about our GoGlobal program to make the theme compatible with WPML:

https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/

Let me know if this helps!