Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 39 replies, has 5 voices.

Last updated by nikolajW 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcel.

Author Posts
November 10, 2019 at 2:36 am #4919603

nikolajW

Perfect, it worked! 😀
But there is one badge that somehow appears in English on the german version.

Take a look at the screenshot.

To see this, just add Youtube or Instagram to your basket and go to the checkout.

Regards

November 11, 2019 at 5:32 pm #4926935

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I checked it in the migrated install and I couldn't reproduce the issue, for me the german image appears properly (see attached screenshot). Maybe you would need to clear your browser cache or try it using the browser icognito mode. Please, let me know the results, have a nice day.

November 13, 2019 at 3:47 am #4935551

nikolajW

Hey, I deleted WP-Cache and Browser Cache, used in Inkognito and Firefox Browser.
No change so far.

On the product pages it works, but not elsewhere.
I created a new page and tried it, but no effect.

Is there a WPML Cache I may clear?

November 13, 2019 at 9:29 pm #4942907

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for updates. Can you please, try the same troubleshooting steps provided in my previous replies for this problematic image as well? Please, let me know if it fixes the issue, have a nice day.

November 14, 2019 at 4:23 am #4943851

nikolajW

Hey, I tried it but didn't work out for me. :/
After clearing the WPML Cache it worked, but the translation only on those elements isn't working.

See video for demo:
hidden link

Regards

November 14, 2019 at 5:21 pm #4949211

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. The issue seems to be specific for your server environment as I am not able to reproduce it in the test installation, please, try the following:

1 - Disable all the plugins except WPML related ones and any other necessary to show your builder blocks, anything related to the Divi builder I mean.

2 - In your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Settings > Media Translation make sure the current options are checked and then click the 'start' button.

3 - Now delete your current problematic Divi global layout (
Badges #001) and recreate it.

4 - Activate all the other plugins one by one and let me know if the issue is reproduced.

Please, let me know the results, have a nice day.

November 15, 2019 at 3:05 am #4950957

nikolajW

Hey, I did your steps and no change so far.
I also reupload the pictures with a different name and repeated the step from you previous post.
Please take a look.
Backup is made.

November 15, 2019 at 2:42 pm #4954893

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Hi there, Marcos is off for today so I am stepping in to help out. I hope that is okay. I noticed from your video that you are using a Divi layout for the badges, and I think this is why it was displaying incorrectly in only come places. To test, I logged in to your site and went to Divi -> Divi Layouts and opened up Badges. I then used the admin language switcher at the top to view the English version of the layout in the standard WordPress editor. Here, when I viewed the middle badge, I saw the German image was uploaded. So, I clicked the image tab and uploaded a new image (the English Secure Payment image). However, I don't see the badges on the frontend anywhere. Could you please test this and let me know if it resolved the issue for you?

November 18, 2019 at 1:42 am #4961525

nikolajW

Hi Lauren,

in this video, I demonstrated that the issue was solved by clearing the WPML cache.
Go to ---> 1:16 to see: hidden link

The left issue is now, that for some reason, the badges aren't translated into English in that layout and also aren't appearing translated in any newly created page.
I'm clueless why that is.

I can exchange the picture manually if nothing helps, but it should work automatically.

November 19, 2019 at 2:39 am #4968287

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Can you please confirm if the same issue is reproduced in the test install? For that, please access the test website at: hidden link and get logged in using the same provided credentials from your previous replies and then recreate the issue there, it will confirm if the cause of this issue is server specific probably due a cache issue or so. Thank you for your collaboration and patience, have a nice day.

November 20, 2019 at 11:24 am #4979295

nikolajW

Hey,

I exported the layout and imported it to the test environment.
There it has the same issue on my side.
Please check it on your side.
hidden link

Regds

November 22, 2019 at 9:56 pm #5002015

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

My colleague Marcos is sadly not available today, but I am glad to be able to assist you.

When logging into the test-site found an exact copy of the theme and plugins used on your live-site, correct?

While revising the Divi template I did not find any German image versions. I downloaded the image from your live site and uploaded it to the template on our test-site. The translation worked without issues.

I further updated all plugins and the translation still worked out.

Did you already try to recreate the Divi template and/or the checkout page on your live site? Also try duplicating, using a plugin like "Duplicate post".

Kind regards
Andreas

November 24, 2019 at 4:31 pm #5007181

nikolajW

Exporting the layouts will also include the images.
I recreated the template from scratch with fresh uploaded images on the live-site and than export and import it on the test-site.
I could see those same images on the test-site.

The issue was the same with that template.

Please share the link to the working version.
Can't find it.
On the screenshot, it is still not English. :/

Regards

November 25, 2019 at 4:52 pm #5015849

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

The template is working as expected on the following site:

hidden link

I used your provided credentials to log in.

hidden link
hidden link

Do I understand right that recreating the template from scratch did not work out on your live site? Further, please compare the test site plugin setup with your live-site. I did not see any differences.

Please review the working test site and if this will not clarify the issue I would suggest do additionally consult your hosting provider and let them review the site for server errors, as this issue seems to be server or cache related.

Kind regards
Andreas

November 25, 2019 at 7:44 pm #5016649

nikolajW

Hey, I can see that it is working on the checkout.
But why not on this page?
hidden link

The screenshot shows that it is on the test-site and not working for me.

You also may login to the live site and create 3 rows with those badge pictures.
Probably you will see the same issue like me.

I realy have no idea what I'm doing wrong there.