Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 39 replies, has 5 voices.

Last updated by nikolajW 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcel.

Author Posts
November 27, 2019 at 3:29 pm #5030551

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

My apologies for the delay.

I now logged into your live site yesterday and created the same example:
hidden link

I translated the page with the WPML Advanced Translation Editor and translated the image with Media Translation.
In fact, now when switching to the English page I should see the English images, but instead, I still see the German images. It is possible to place them manually on the English page editor inside of the Divi module, but this is surely not the solution we are looking for.

Now, as this ticket was assigned to me lately I saw that the issue was tested on a new install and as far I understood the issue did not occur here. Those Sandbox sites sadly expire after 2 weeks and I really would need to make sure, if the issue occurs on a new install, before forwarding anything towards our developers.

I, therefore, created a new test-site and tested the same issue with Divi 4.0.6.

Login: hidden link
Username: wpml
Password: support

The issue occurs here in the same way, which for we do have a compatibility issue. I tested with the latest Divi Theme, without Classic Editor plugin while using the new Divi Front-End Editor. I placed the element "Informationstext". I translated using the Classic Translation Editor and the image did not show up.

I would like to invite you to check out the test site. If possible, please feel free to do some testing and let me know about the results but please avoid adding more plugins or themes.

A copy of the test-site has been escalated to our compatibility team and I will be in contact with you as soon I receive feedback.

Kind regards
Andreas

December 18, 2019 at 9:06 pm #5158299

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

We have added some more attributes into our remote XML config for the Blurb Element.

I have for now added this custom XML code into the WPML settings but while reviewing the Checkout page, I see that the page is not responsive and redesigned the payment process in
the meantime.

Please let me know if the Blurb Modules are now translating as expected.

Kind regards
Andreas

December 25, 2019 at 9:48 am #5192131

nikolajW

Hey,

I checked the checkout and the test page.
See the screenshot for the results.

It still is an issue on my page.

Test Page
hidden link

Regards

December 26, 2019 at 9:45 am #5195293

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

regarding Christmas vacations, I'm taking over your ticket. I informed our team about your feedback and will let you know once I receive a reply.

Best Regards
Marcel

December 27, 2019 at 12:57 pm #5200531

Marcel
Supporter

Hi,

my team tried it again and it's working for them. They are asking if you agree if we take a duplicator copy from your site for further debugging.

Please let me know, so I can create a clone and provide it to our team.

If you prefer to create the clone yourself, here are the instructions: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Please let me know.

Best Regards,
Marcel

December 27, 2019 at 1:09 pm #5200621

nikolajW

Sure, just go ahead. 🙂
Hope the issue got solved very soon.

Regards

December 27, 2019 at 4:35 pm #5201513

Marcel
Supporter

Thanks, I created the copy and provided it to our team.
I will update you once I receive feedback.

Best Regards,
Marcel

December 31, 2019 at 11:45 am #5215743

Marcel
Supporter

Hi,

our devs were not able to reproduce this on your duplicator package. They checked then directly your installation and found out that the issue is only reproducible using the Advanced Translation Editor.

We tested our internal WPML dev version on a fresh installation and on your provided duplicator clone and the issue is already solved there using this version. So the issue will be fixed with one of our upcoming WPML releases.

I will update you once this solved. For the moment a workaround would be to use the Classic Translation Editor instead.

Happy new Year! 🙂

Best Regards,
Marcel

May 21, 2020 at 11:12 am #6185853

Marcel
Supporter

Hi,

the tested dev versions was already released. The issue is fixed already 🙂

Best Regards
Marcel

May 21, 2020 at 2:23 pm #6187413

nikolajW

Hey,

I can't test it anymore.
The clients project is already done from my side.

Let's hope it works.
If not, I'll report it. 😉

Regards

May 21, 2020 at 2:26 pm #6187421

Marcel
Supporter

Hi,

thanks for your feedback. No problem, most important is that you know about it, in the case the client contact you 😉

Best Regards
Marcel

May 21, 2020 at 2:29 pm #6187433

nikolajW

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!