Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Riffaz 3 years, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
September 25, 2018 at 7:18 pm #2765094

kamranS

please answer my question. i have problem with images,when i translate something to other language then images on my site are not displaying in translated language. i make translation of all text and keep images as it is because i want same images in other language also but after translation images are not properly shown on my site. how can i fix this problem?

in screen short you can see in one pic images are shown but not shown in other pic after translation.

Capture.JPG
imt.JPG
September 26, 2018 at 9:24 am #2766632

Riffaz

Hi,

Thank you for contacting support forum.

You can use media duplication feature in WPML > Settings > Duplicate existing media for translated content and select and 'start' it. : hidden link

If that does not help let us know how did you create the photos section. is that a gallery? is that a slider? if yes, which slider or plugin?

Also, Can you please disable all plugins those are unrelated with WPML and switch to one of default themes e.g. Twenty Fifteen, Do you see the same issue ?

NOTE:
Also make a backup (both files and database) for your site before updating/proceeding anything (Always a good practice!).

Let us know.

Regards,
Riffaz.

September 26, 2018 at 10:09 am #2766797

kamranS

hi. i have select the option 'Duplicate existing media for translated content' and all other option here same as in your screen short all option are selected but its not working.
i have featured image and gallery images also sliders,slider revolution.

you can check the site hidden link. here on home page under Explore our latest accommodations check the four hotels in default English language and also check by changing the language to Arabic then you you can understand problem.
in English language when you click on hotel next you will see images but in Arabic images not shown. similarly if in search bar you search for Saudi Arabia and found some hotel check them same issue with them.. i want to show images after translation same as its shown in english language.. thanks. waiting for you reply

September 26, 2018 at 12:10 pm #2767135

Riffaz

Hi,

You are using a very older version of WPML (3.9.4)
Please update it to the latest version which is 4.0.7 and check.

Let us know.

Regards,

September 26, 2018 at 12:16 pm #2767144

Riffaz

Also, when you update, please make a complete backup of site files and database (Just a good practice)
Also, please update all WPML add-ons to thier latest version.

Regards,

September 26, 2018 at 12:33 pm #2767242

kamranS

hi.. what is the procedure to update wpml ..in wordpress if i go to dashboard -->updates there are some updates available for some plugins can i update through this way or any other procedure please guide me..thanks

September 26, 2018 at 1:10 pm #2767354

Riffaz

Hi,

If you have registered WPML already you should see the automatic updates in dashboard.
So yes, you have can update from there.
If not, you can update via manual method as well.
Please refer : https://wpml.org/faq/install-wpml/ (check update section)

Regards,

September 26, 2018 at 8:23 pm #2768667

kamranS

hi.. i have updated WPML plugin and its components. and follow your instructions and make possible changes but still its not working fine for me. now images can be copied to translated language but it not shown properly. in default English language when i click on my accommodation image then at top images move as a slide in large size and in bottom that images shown in small size...
but when i change language from English to other then images only shown in bottom but these images not shown on top to move as slider . i want it same as in default English language.
look at screen short and also visit hidden link click on hotels and check it for both English and Arabic language then you can understand better images problem. i need some more help to fix it..thanks

nno.JPG
ggm.JPG
September 27, 2018 at 5:24 am #2769332

Riffaz

Hi,

I found out that your Arabic page slider does not calculate the correct offsets for slides: hidden link
It seems the issue is how the theme coded for slider RTL support.

Anyhow, could you please disable the WPML and change your site language to Arabic in Settings > General > Site Language > Arabic : hidden link ?
Then check those sliders and let us know.

Regards,

September 27, 2018 at 6:53 am #2769462

kamranS

hi,when i disable the wpml and change site language to arabic then my home page contents shown in English but when i click on that hotels then still same problem with that images. i need more help to fix it.reply me fast please thanks

September 27, 2018 at 7:22 am #2769482

Riffaz

Hi,

As you see now you do not have WPML activated in your site. Yet, you are facing the same issue when you have the Arabic as your site language.

So, it does not come from the WPML obviously.

The issue is that your theme does not coded well to support that slider in RTL languages.
This can be solved by your theme support only since they are the one who created / coded the theme.

Please contact your theme support and ask about this.

Note: if you can get them to make that slider works fine when you have your site language in Arabic, then it will work with WPML as well.

Regards,

September 27, 2018 at 8:16 am #2769684

kamranS

hi, i have solved the issue the mistake was that i have not select the option Enable RTL (right to left support) in theme setting when i select this option now its working fine,perfect..tthanks

September 27, 2018 at 9:56 am #2770027

Riffaz

Hi Kamran,

Thank you for confirming.

I am settings this ticket to solved and if you have any other questions do not hesitate to ask it in a new dedicated ticket.

Regards,
Riffaz,