This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I would like to have different images displayed according to the language of the page.

Solution: go to WPML > Media Translation and translate the image

Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/media-translation/

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by hooiC 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
April 4, 2019 at 12:45 pm #3534945

hooiC

I am trying to: urgent request on live site: i uploaded german image for a product on the German shop page but the German image is not displaying. its still displaying the english image

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link its the myLotus Ovulationstest (LH) Nachfüllpackung (1 Packung mit 20 Tests)

I expected to see: the german image replacing the english image

Instead, I got:

April 4, 2019 at 12:54 pm #3535033

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello!
Welcome to WPML Support.
I'll do my best to help you solve this issue.

Try to find the image in WPML > Media Translation, translate it there

Then go to the product and modify it somehow (add a character to the title or the body and update, for example), then proceed to update the translation and check if the image changed (it should've by that moment).

Regards.

April 4, 2019 at 1:07 pm #3535139

hooiC

Hi Alejandro, I uploaded the GErman image in wpml-media
proceed to product page and edit on english . then update the page
this resulted in german site - waiting to be updated. i went in and complete the page
the image has not changed. what should i do next?

April 4, 2019 at 1:09 pm #3535157

hooiC

sorry Alejandro. I tested this on dev site and check if image updated on live site! so I am going to replicate what i did on live site now and let you know. the dev site did work!

April 4, 2019 at 1:32 pm #3535327

hooiC

Hi Alejandro. it has worked for the 2nd product but not the 3rd product on the live site . i did the same method as i did for the 2nd product:LH product

hidden link
myLotus Schwangerschaftstest (hCG) Nachfüllpackung (3 Packungen mit 3 Tests)
its not working also on the development site

April 4, 2019 at 1:37 pm #3535357

hooiC

My issue is resolved now. Thank you! there is a similar image on wpml media! so i uploaded to this and has worked . thank you again!