This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Sometimes, the images disappear from the editor when i edit a page/post.

Solution: Please update to the newest version of Beaver Builder or disable inline editing as shown in the link below.

Relevant Documentation: https://kb.wpbeaverbuilder.com/article/658-disable-inline-editing

Tagged: 

This topic contains 23 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
May 31, 2019 at 9:08 am

Ahmet Emre

I am trying to: Edit a page in page builder beaver builder.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: Links for images remain as before change is made.

Instead, I got: The src of the images is changed for all images on the page as soon as I make a change for one image. Instead of using the original source, /en is added to the middle of all URLs causing the images to not be found.

We have remove the /en by hand many times but this issue keeps returning once we need to add, remove or change a logo in this area.

May 31, 2019 at 2:49 pm #3931295

Oscar Miras

Hi,

Welcome to the WPML support team.
Thank you for providing the debug information and the detailed description of the problem.

I have noticed that you have not the newest version of WPML. Could you update your plugins in order to check if that solves the issue? https://wpml.org/faq/install-wpml/#automated-updates

If updating the plugins does not solve the problem, could you try to repeat the steps having enabled only the WPML plugins? This means that you should deactivate all the plugins except the only ones required to reproduce the issue plus the WPML plugins.

If still, you can reproduce the issue, I would like to know:

1. What's the exact URL to the image?
2. Does the issue also occur if you switch to a default theme such as Twenty Seventeen? hidden link

Should you still require assistance, please, provide me with the credentials to bypass the server protection login. You can paste the credentials anywhere in your reply as it is going to be a private reply.

Thank you very much for your collaboration,
Oscar.

June 6, 2019 at 6:20 am
June 7, 2019 at 7:56 pm #3978897

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello, my name is Alejandro,

Since Oscar is currently not available, I will replace him here in the forum.

I hope this is OK with you.

I created a sandbox site so we can test this issue while isolating it from everything else, because by the looks of it, it could be a compatibility issue.

Could you please upload Beaver builder in this sandbox site and try to replicate the problem (it looks like you only need to add an image using beaver builder and the problem will present itself, right? if that's not the case, kindly let me know how can the problem be replicated so i can make note of it and study the situation in more detail)

Sandbox: hidden link

Regards.

June 11, 2019 at 9:27 am #3993583

Ahmet Emre

Hi
Thanks for answering.

I have added a new page as a translation on the sandbox site. hidden link

Steps to reproduce issue:

1. Setup languages URL Format in WPML to be Different languages in directories
2. Add an image to the root language - in this case english
3. On another language page (here german) go to beaver builder and add a text box. Add an image from the root language.
4. Save the post
5. Reenter the post and edit something in the text box. Save change in text box.
6. You will see that the image appears to disappear. Open Text box "Text tab" and the link to the image has been changed by adding the prefix for the language.

Please let me know if you need more details.

Thanks

June 11, 2019 at 6:04 pm #3997923

Alejandro
Supporter

Hello, i tested the latest version of beaver builder (2.2.3) and WPML (4.2.7 WPML's was realeased a few hours ago)

You can check it out here: hidden link

I guess you only need to download the most recent version of both of the plugins and that's it (please make a security backup before you do that).

But i suggest you check this new sandbox first just to double check.

Regards.

June 17, 2019 at 6:21 am #4032319

Ahmet Emre

Unfortunately there appears to still be an issue.

I used your test page and then changed the image alignment in the textbox.
As soon as I did this I see that the image source has changed and that the image is no longer loaded in Beaver Builder. (see screenshot)

Can you please have another look?

Thanks

June 17, 2019 at 3:03 pm #4036437

Alejandro
Supporter

You're right, and it also happens with the newest version we just released.

I documented the case and sent it to our developers.

I'll keep you updated on what they reply back to me.

Regards

July 5, 2019 at 10:23 am #4150283

Alejandro
Supporter

Hello,

I'm happy to inform you that everything should be fixed by updating our plugins and Beaver builder plugins to its latest version (WPML: .2.7.1 - Beaver Builder: 2.2.3.3)

Regards.

July 8, 2019 at 8:57 am #4160347

Ahmet Emre

Unfortunately we tested this on our site and although we have updated to these versions of the plugin. The issue still remains.

Can you please investigate again and give us a feedback on when this issue can finally be solved?

Thanks

July 8, 2019 at 2:19 pm #4163465

Alejandro
Supporter

Could you please allow me access to your site and point me to the wrong page so i can take a look at it? i tested this on a site with the same issue i had created before and the problem had disappeared.

I activated the credentials field, please add them there to have your credentials safe and private.

Regards.

July 12, 2019 at 9:46 am
July 12, 2019 at 1:52 pm #4199459

Alejandro
Supporter

Hello,

Could you please double check those credentials? it says the username is invalid.

Let me know so i can access and test the problem on your site.

July 15, 2019 at 7:01 am #4207569

Ahmet Emre

Please try again with the credentials already sent. I have reset the account.

July 15, 2019 at 12:53 pm #4211203

Alejandro
Supporter

I noticed that on the testing page, only 2 out of the 3 images had the same issue.

I can only guess the "run DMC" logo was added afterwards?

However, the problem seemed to be that once the page had an issue, it changed the entire permalink of the media, so i tried to remove both the extra slash and the language directory and it would then work correctly everytime.

You can check the test page you created and see for yourself.

Can you do the same to the other pages and see if that would fix the issue as well?

Thanks in advance.