This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by ugoL-3 2 years, 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Yuri.

Author Posts
March 14, 2017 at 6:35 pm #1230297

karelG

This is the original URL: hidden link

However, with WPML, the translated version (on a different domain) is not scaling the images:

hidden link

The guys over het Toolset said we should ask here :-).

March 15, 2017 at 2:53 pm #1231154

Yuri

Hi, a couple of questions so I can understand the issue a bit better:

- does this issue happen on other pages with other images or only on the "beer/bier" details page?
- are you using a page visual builder like VisualComposer or DiVi to create the details page or are you doing it exclusively with Toolset plugins (Types, Views, Layouts, etc...)?
- is it possible for you to test this issue but disabling all non-WPML plugins and using a default WordPress theme (TwentySeventeen/TwentySixteen)?
- have there been any recent updates to the theme, plugins or server software that you are aware of?

March 21, 2017 at 8:41 am #1235411

karelG

Hi Yuri,

-Yes, this happens on all pages.
-I'm not using a visual page builder for creating the details page
-That is not possible, it is a live site.
-No.

March 21, 2017 at 9:42 pm #1236266

Yuri

Hi, I figure that each translation was made individually and not duplicated since the content is different from each other. The WPML Media plugin does not limit the size or force sizes depending on the language used so I suspect that there might be an issue with the way the image is being added to the post.

Can you test by deleting the image on the dutch version and adding it again? What does the "Add Media" pop-up show you when you select the target image of the bottle? I ask this because when you upload large images WordPress it usually gives you the option to add the media in a smaller format by default. The issue is that this option is at the end of the details popup for the image which can be hidden in smaller screens.

I've attached a couple of images showing where this option is located.

Let me know how your test goes.

March 23, 2017 at 6:15 pm #1238217

karelG

Hi,

I went trough another process. I first duplicated all the Dutch beers, and after that I deleted the connection between the Dutch and other version, so they became translations.

I tried what you did, but nothing happened.

March 27, 2017 at 8:12 pm #1240697

Yuri

Hi, I believe I will need to debug this directly on the files of your theme and plugins. Is it possible for you to provide me with temporary wp-admin and FTP credentials so I can debug the issue closer?

I'll enable private fields for your next response.

April 5, 2017 at 10:59 am #1247718

Yuri

Hi, I was able to find the issue in the Views Template for Beer. It was forcing the size of the image to 250 pixels by 250 pixels. This, in turn, makes WordPress understand that the first image it finds with 250x250 it will use and in the case of the translation that was what happened. I removed the size restriction and now both pages show the correctly-sized image.

I've attached an image showing the exact part that I've removed from the Views Template for Beer.

Please test the issue a bit more and let me know if there is anything out of place.

April 15, 2017 at 3:31 pm #1254855

karelG

Thanks! However, I want a specific size... How to solve this?

April 19, 2017 at 12:56 pm #1257085

Yuri

I'm checking with our devs to see how this could be done without triggering the issue again. I'll get back to you as soon as I have an update.

April 24, 2017 at 6:28 pm #1260661

Yuri

Hi, we have a couple of updates in WPML and in Toolset coming up and this issue should be resolved soon.

As soon as a new version comes out you should be notified via email.

October 3, 2018 at 6:00 am #2783533

ugoL-3

Hi - still same problem. Any solution?