This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by rebeccaD 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
July 16, 2019 at 4:34 pm #4222347

rebeccaD

I am trying to:
Have the images translate like they are supposed to. Instead, only the default (English) imagines are loading. Here is an example page:
Eng: hidden link
Spa: hidden link

The images that have text on them - there are four total - are not being translated properly. They just keep using the default English image.

The logo *is* translating correctly, but not the other images. I have attached screen shots so you can see that the image translations are set up correctly in the media translator.

July 16, 2019 at 4:38 pm #4222409

rebeccaD

I'm sure you can see in the debug logs that I'm using Divi as a parent theme and my own child theme.

July 17, 2019 at 12:58 am #4224583

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I took a detailed look in your website and the translated images are loading properly as you can confirm at: hidden link. I recommend you to access your translated page in a different browser or using the chrome browser incognito mode. Please, let me know if you need any additional assistance and details, have a nice day.

July 17, 2019 at 1:01 am #4224587

rebeccaD

Yeah, that's because I finally gave up and just manually edited the images myself. Actually, WPML has completely ruined the custom post type media as well. I'm gonna have to remove the thing. It's just overly complicated for what I'm trying to do.

July 17, 2019 at 1:22 am #4224683

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. We really sorry you are facing some issues when using WPML, it is not supposed to be this way. What specific issues did it cause for the media (attachment) post type? Also, if you prefer to keep using it for your media translations needs, we are here to help. Please, let me know if you still need our assistance regarding it, I am happy and ready to help, have a nice day.

July 17, 2019 at 1:56 am #4224767

rebeccaD

I've just had a very difficult time with my custom post types - and now it's like irreversible damage has been done. Not *only* do the images not translate correctly even when I have them all translated in the Media translator, but when I'm in any language besides the default ALL my custom post type media has been overridden by WPML's injection of itself. If you would all just show us how it works and how WPML fits into the WP template hierarchy, it would be way better. But as it is, I feel like I've wasted two days on this plugin, and thankfully no more than that. Now I remember why I stopped using it 4 years ago. It's just so overly complicated and hairy.

July 17, 2019 at 1:57 am #4224769

rebeccaD

My problem is not resolved. But thank you to the WPML Support team for your efforts.