This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by josv-10 1 week, 3 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
October 2, 2019 at 12:50 pm #4680247

josv-10

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Updates did not go right last saturday

Is there any documentation that you are following? no

Is there a similar example that we can see? yes

What is the link to your site? hidden link
on dutch it is allright

October 2, 2019 at 7:32 pm #4682899

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. From what I saw it seems that the images are under another name. For example:

wp-content/uploads/fine-art-brandblussers-2018-12-01-2043-200x464.jpg

Rather than:

wp-content/uploads/fire-art-brandblussers-2018-12-01-2043-200x464.jpg

Are you using different images for each language or should they be the same image? If the images should be the same, please follow the steps below to test:

- Click on the WPML > Settings > Media Translation
- Make sure the fields below are marked:
[X] Translate existing media in all languages
[X] Duplicate existing media for translated content
[X] Duplicate the featured images for translated content
- Click on the Start button

By following these steps, are the images displayed correctly in the secondary languages?

Thank you.

October 3, 2019 at 6:42 pm #4690861

josv-10

Hi Bruno,

I performed all these steps, but still no images in other languages.
Please take a look again at this situation.
Jos

October 4, 2019 at 12:20 am #4691801

Bruno
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you. I'll need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Note:

*** Please, can I install the Duplicator plugin (or All in One Migration) to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

October 4, 2019 at 11:30 pm #4698827

Bruno
Supporter

Hi,

Looking at your site in more detail I noticed that the problem is happening because images that have been added to the secondary language no longer exist.

In WPML > Media Translation, I see that images for the secondary language were simply not uploaded or maybe your site was on another server and on migration the images were not migrated correctly.

To revert this, unfortunately, you will need to access these images and click the "Revert to original" button. After following these steps for these missing images, the issue should be resolved.

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have about it. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.

October 7, 2019 at 7:31 am #4705019

josv-10

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!