This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I am trying to make the images of posts visible on the translated overview page

Solution: Please select the option of duplicating the images of the posts that appear on the language block in the right column while editing the post in the original language? See this image: https://cdn.wpml.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/wpml-manual-image-translation-2.png?x34514

Relevant Documentation:

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
July 19, 2019 at 11:07 am #4245961

jenniferR-10

I am trying to:
Make the images of posts visible on the translated overview page

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link -> english version
hidden link -> dutch version

July 19, 2019 at 11:40 am #4246063

jenniferR-10

Also, another thing. I tried everything to translate the footer but it is just not working...

Everything else works perfect now!

July 19, 2019 at 4:32 pm #4247507

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

1.- Could you tell me if you selected the option of duplicating the images of the posts that appear on the language block in the right column while editing the post in the original language? See this image: hidden link

2.- Please provide the debug information of the site. In this link you will find the steps to follow: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

3.- Regarding the second issue, the one related to the footer, as this issue is different from the original one I kindly ask you to open a new ticket describing this issue and the steps to follow in order to reproduce it. You can assign it directly to me and I will be more than happy to keep assisting you.

Kind regards,
Carlos

July 22, 2019 at 7:29 am #4254279

jenniferR-10

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

July 22, 2019 at 10:51 am #4256325

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hi there,

I'm glad to hear that the issue is solved 🙂

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need our help in the future with WPML. We will be more than happy to help.
Best regards,
Carlos