This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Diego Pereira 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Author Posts
October 2, 2018 at 1:44 pm

antoniusP

Ton Peelen <anthony.peelen@gmail.com>

The problem I am having is:
I am translating listings in happinesdirectory.happinesz.com from English into Dutch. I am using the Pointfinder theme.
I activated both " Duplicate uploaded media to translations and Duplicate featured image to translations" but these images don't show up in the Dutch translation although sometimes the featured image does.
In WPML > Translations I see the translated listing and when clicking on "Edit" I see the images are there. But they don't show up in the translated listing.

I am probably doing something wrong but what?

October 4, 2018 at 4:45 pm #2788327

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello @antoniusp, welcome to the WPML support Forum!

Please go to WPML > Settings > Post Type Translation and check if the Media (attachment) is set as "Translatable - Only display selected items". If not, please fix this.

After that, please try the following:
- Go to WPML > Settings > Media Translation, select the checkboxes and click on Start
- After the scan, select all checkboxes on the "How to handle media for new content:" section and click on Apply
- Go to the edit screen of the page (default language)
- Do a small modification and save
- Check the translation

If it still don't work, please check if it's possible to fix this on the page using the manual editor:
- Go to the edit screen of the page (default language)
- Change the language using the Language Switcher at the top admin bar
- If it display a warning, click on "Edit Anyway"

Please let me know if it worked for you.

All the best,
Diego