This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by skekiG 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
September 21, 2019 at 12:45 pm

skekiG

I am trying to:
translate test posts with pictures

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link
hidden link

I expected to see:
Pictures

Instead, I got:

a white area
and the translated text of the pics

September 23, 2019 at 5:21 am #4620321

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Skeki,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

I just checked this post hidden link and I could see that the image inside the post (and the text under it) is translated well. Can you tell me if you managed to sort this out in the meantime, please? If not, just send me a screenshot with the part that's not translated (so I can understand exactly what you want to translate).

Thanks,
Radu

September 23, 2019 at 5:09 pm #4625837

skekiG

Thanks for the fast support.
I accidentally "repaired" myself by following exactly the instruction of the video step-by-step.
And that is a problem.
Initalliy I just used the translation buttons directly at the pictures and translated.
In my opinion, either you define a clear procedure and eliminate the possibility to use another path or you make sure, that the functionality is fully preserved no matter how the user goes ahead.
I lost so many hours on this and a few other topics to find out how it works.
Your software is great and I acknowledge the difficulty of the task. But it is so complex and -that is my impression after spending 20-30 hrs. with it- and prone to errors on the user side.