This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Please make sure to update to WPML to the latest and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by pascalM-3 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
October 24, 2018 at 12:26 pm #2846180

pascalM-3

I am trying to:

Copy the gallery from french to english content. I checked the fields system and both are checked to copy. When i see the english post images are not being copied.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
The images copied in both langages posts.

Instead, I got:
One gallery in original post (french)

October 24, 2018 at 6:06 pm #2847502

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML. Regarding your questions:

1 - Where are you galleries being inserted? Post content or the theme custom fields?

2 - How are you translating your posts? Using the default WordPress page and post editor or the WPML Translation Editor?. You can check this info from your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Settings > How to translate posts and pages

Additionally you can send us some WordPress Dashboard access so we can take a closer look in your settings to determine what's wrong. For that, please, consider:

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this: hidden link

Please, let me know if you need any additional details. Have a nice day.

October 26, 2018 at 8:15 pm #2854184

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the details provided. I could replicate the issue in my local enviroment as well. It is is a known bug we are dealing with, I have escaled your ticket to the second tier team, so a more experienced support staff and developer can deal with. I will update you here as soon as I have more details regarding it. Thank you for your collaboration and patience. Have a nice day.

November 2, 2018 at 3:38 pm #2872265

pascalM-3

Hello Marcos,

Have you get some news about this bug ?

Thanks in advance.

November 5, 2018 at 4:49 pm #2877633

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I checked this bug report and our developers are still working on it, we don't have a temporary solution for now. The only work around you have for now is to recreate your galleries in the secondary languages. I will update you as soon as we have a working solution for it. Thank you for your patience and understanding, have a nice day.

February 19, 2020 at 1:36 pm #5524245

pascalM-3

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!