This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
May 15, 2018 at 1:52 pm #2140652

jurgenR

Hi,

We extented our page with Pods images. When I add an image in the main language Dutch the image is also copied to German which is fine but the image is not copied to English.
Why is this different?

The image which is copied to German contains the Dutch image. Is has the image ID of 2206 but the image in German should be 2208.

Can you please tell me why the image is only copied to German and how come the image in German has the Dutch data and not the German data. In de Media the image did get translated.

May 17, 2018 at 1:37 am #2165955

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us.

Has this happened with new posts as well or only with old posts?

>>> The image which is copied to German contains the Dutch image. Is has the image ID of 2206 but the image in German should be 2208.

I'm not sure if I understood that. For your screenshot, you have marked the "image" custom field to be "Translatable". In this case, you should add the secondary image ID manually. Using image ID manually, does the problem persist?

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] Images from post copied to German with Dutch texts and not copied to English’ is closed to new replies.