This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: The product images do not show in the translated product page.

Solution: There was a conflict with the child theme. Switching to the parent theme resolved the issue.

This topic contains 19 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by nadaG 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
September 25, 2018 at 6:57 am #2762619

nadaG

Images in my Woocommerce product page(Arabic) are hidden, In the default page(English) it's showing
Please help me to fix the issue.

September 26, 2018 at 2:06 am #2765534

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. Have you tried to sync the images? If not, please follow the steps below:

- Click on the WPML > Settings > Media translation
- Make sure these options are selected:
-- [X] Translate existing media in all languages
-- [X] Duplicate existing media for translated content
-- [X] Duplicate the featured images for translated content
- Click on the "Start" button

After following these steps, please check the product in the original language and click to update the content (do not edit anything). Then go to the translation page and click the "Save" button as well.

Following these steps, does the problem persist?

Thank you.

September 26, 2018 at 7:46 am #2766235

nadaG

Hi Bruno,
I have followed these steps but still, the problem remains the same. Please fix it!

September 26, 2018 at 1:23 pm #2767474

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Hello, Bruno is off for today so I am stepping in to help out. Please edit the product page in the original language and check in the languages box. Do you have the check boxes checked to duplicate the images? Please see attached screenshot for reference. If not, check these boxes and then resave the original product and update the translation.

September 27, 2018 at 6:27 am #2769420

nadaG

Hi Lauren,
The Boxes are already checked. And also I updated again but still, the product image is not showing.

September 27, 2018 at 2:40 pm #2770893

Lauren
Supporter

Thanks for checking that for me. I'd like to have you try a few things so we can try to isolate the issue. This is just to help me identify if it might be a conflict with another plugin or theme that is causing the problem.

** IMPORTANT ** Please backup a working copy of site files and database before continuing.

Update all WPML plugins & WordPress core.

Disable all plugins except WPML related and then temporarily change the theme to a default WordPress such as TwentySeventeen. With these settings, is the issue resolved?

If you don't have a testing environment available and cannot test this on your live site, please make a snapshot of your site using the Duplicator plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/. This will allow me to set up your site locally and run these tests for you.

Once the snapshot is complete, either upload the snapshot ZIP file and the installer.php file to a file sharing service such as Dropbox (and share the link in your reply) or right click the Duplicator links in your wp-admin and paste in your reply. I will also need the username and password of a user that was created before the duplicator package was created.

Please note: It is important to reduce the size of the package so please exclude some paths like /cache or /uploads and also exclude archives and media files.

I will enable the next reply to be private so only you and I have access to it. Thanks!

September 30, 2018 at 10:48 am #2776426

nadaG

Hi, Lauren
I lost the private message link can you reopen that for me!

October 1, 2018 at 2:02 pm #2778370

Lauren
Supporter

I have set the next reply as private. Thanks!

October 1, 2018 at 2:31 pm #2778466

nadaG

Hi, Lauren
Thank you!
I have added the link for the snapshot ZIP file and the installer.php files ,
In single image page, it's showing but on the page has more images are not showing(Check Screenshots).
Please check.

October 1, 2018 at 5:14 pm #2778957

Lauren
Supporter

Unfortunately I did not get a private reply message from you. Could you please try one more time? I have marked the next reply as private. Thanks!

October 2, 2018 at 5:17 am #2780343

nadaG

I have added the link again.
Thank you!

October 2, 2018 at 3:34 pm #2782095

Lauren
Supporter

This is really strange but for some reason I'm not able to see your private replies coming through. Are you posting the content in a private reply fields, or in the normal reply area?

Private replies are only seen by the supporter and you. Are you seeing any of the private replies in this thread?

Also, what type of link are you sending? Did you upload the files to Google Drive or something similar and try sending the link that way?

October 3, 2018 at 6:54 am #2783560

nadaG

Hi Lauren,
I am also not able to see the private replies that I posted earlier, In this replay, there is no option to add the link. Before I added the link in a field named something like Duplicator link and send the replay as private. Why you don't receive and not visible for me?

October 3, 2018 at 12:52 pm #2784606

Lauren
Supporter

Thanks for the update. Our system team is working on resolving this, and as soon as I have the information I will set up a test site to continue troubleshooting. I'll keep you posted here.

October 3, 2018 at 7:07 pm #2785494

Lauren
Supporter

In the meantime, feel free to email me the links to download the files. You can send it to

lauren.j @ onthegosystems.com

(minus the spaces). Thanks!