This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
May 19, 2019 at 8:22 am #3840921

imarkimage@gmail.com

Can't see and change images in the translated post's gallery field.
Further more, when translating independently, removes the front end gallery altogether.

When disabling the Media Translation plugin, it shows fine, but does not allow changing individual image fields within the acf gallery.

May 20, 2019 at 4:56 am #3843679

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'd be happy to assist you further on this issue.

Have you set the gallery fields as the copy? Also, are the images used in the gallery are duplicated to secondary languages? Could you please elaborate a bit more probably adding few screenshots?

Also, are you trying to add different images in the secondary languages gallery field?

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

May 20, 2019 at 6:23 am #3843921

imarkimage@gmail.com

Hi Shekhar,
thanks for your reply.

My client wants to copy the gallery field from Hebrew (the original language) to English, then change the captions for the appropriate language.

When using the duplicate checkbox for the post (figure 1), the gallery field stays populated by the images from the original Hebrew post, and shows them normally when viewed on site, but does not show them when editing the post (see original post in this thread).

The gallery field is set to "translate", so my client can change and edit the captions and positions of the images, as well as add additional images further down the line.
I've tried turning it to "copy", but the same problem persists.

When updating, the gallery viewed on site becomes empty, as if all the previously present images where removed.

When adding images to the gallery after duplicating to English, the additional images are shown perfectly well, but the original images aren't shown.

My client wishes to copy the exact images from the original language as baseline, rather than doing the work of adding them twice, since they have a lot of posts to translate.

May 20, 2019 at 8:35 am #3844881

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

That seems unusual, To debug this issue further, I would need to check your site settings once, for this I would need temporary access (wp-admin and ftp) to your site.

So could you please provide me those details, you will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
hidden link

This info is private and available to you and WPML supporters only.
Read more about this: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Note:
Backup your sites before providing the credentials or if possible provide credentials for the test site

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] Images not visible in ACF gallery field in translated post’ is closed to new replies.