This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 28 replies, has 5 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
March 7, 2019 at 1:58 pm #3284806

williamS-2

I am trying to: Translate a page where image order is the same

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: Site in dev

I expected to see: Same image order

Instead, I got: Different uimage order and they can't be reordered.

March 7, 2019 at 2:14 pm #3284850

williamS-2

Things I've tried:
Completely delete the page, delete it from trash, clear cache, publish a new translation.
Same result, images out of order and can't be reordered on translated pages.
They can be reordered in original language.

Also if I have an old post that is translated, and showing images in the correct order, then change an image, boom, order is random again.

Tried deleting and adding images, same.
Tried renaming images, same.
Alphabetically, numerically, no difference.

March 9, 2019 at 3:28 pm #3298498

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

thanks for contacting us.

The images you are referring to are into a gallery? And if it's a gallery, is the default WordPress gallery or made with ACF?

If it's created with ACF, you'd need ACF Multilingual to properly display the gallery. We had a similar issue with ACF galleries but it was solved in the latest release.

March 11, 2019 at 8:22 am #3308301

williamS-2

Nope, flexslider.

March 11, 2019 at 12:41 pm #3311513

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi,

I don't see flexslider among your plugins, why?

This plugin wasn't tested as WPML compatible, so could you please try to reproduce the issue here: hidden link ?

March 11, 2019 at 4:40 pm #3314829

williamS-2

It's in the theme.
I don't think its a plugin, it seems to be hard coded to the theme, which runs through inspiry real estate plugin, which is compatible.

When I look at the source it says flexslider, you would probably know better than me.

Seems WPML doesn't allow me to delete or re-order images on some posts.
It's also removed some meta boxes on all translated posts.

March 11, 2019 at 4:50 pm #3314871

williamS-2

There is a slider.php file in the theme, I'm not sure, I'm not the expert, that's why I paid for a premium plugin.

That said I'm finding so many bugs now, it would be easier to make 2 sites myself and link the translations.

WPML is just causing too many delays, I've been using this plugin for 5 years, and always problems, always at least a week to fix them.

It's poor for a paid service.

Next site won't be using it, translated sub domain from now on, I speak to you people more than my friends sometimes...

Anyone reading this, don't think you set it up and it's done, thing is always buggy, always some issue, and when it goes wrong, it can result in hours of work.
I've just spent 4 solid days fixing a WPML 'bug' and it's still not right.
I think I've come to realise it never will be.

March 13, 2019 at 11:58 am #3332715

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

the Real Place theme wasn't tested as compatible, not it is the Inspiry Real Estate plugin.

If you would install the theme on the Sandbox I provided and reproduce the issue we can try to fix it.

March 14, 2019 at 4:06 am #3340231

williamS-2

You have Real Homes by the same author listed as compatible, it uses the same inspiry real estate plugin to make it work, so it must have been passed.
Also real places is just a redesigned real homes, it even uses real homes code throughout the theme.

Is this not something you guys should be doing as you already work with inspiry themes?

March 14, 2019 at 4:16 am #3340283

williamS-2

Uploaded

March 14, 2019 at 8:31 am #3341443

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

even if a theme is tested as compatible, it doesn't mean it will remain compatible forever.
We released a major version of WPML after the test so something could be changed. We don't retest all plugins and theme after every release, or we won't have time to do anything else.

Can you reproduce the issue in the Sandbox or can you explain me how to do it?

March 14, 2019 at 9:08 am #3341831

williamS-2

"even if a theme is tested as compatible, it doesn't mean it will remain compatible forever."

Wouldn't that be part of your remit for a paid service, to remain compatible with the products your customers use?
Surely you should be making an effort to check the themes your customers use, and not wait for their websites to break, then take weeks to fix it...

Re reproducing the issue, That would mean uploading my entire theme I think.

It's very simple, make a property post with images, translate it, images will probably be out of sync.
Also probably won't be able to delete any or reorder them.

March 15, 2019 at 3:14 pm #3355053

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

sorry for the delay in response.

I couldn't reproduce the issue on the Sandbox, the images are in the same order in the default and in the secondary language. You can see it here: hidden link

Moreover, if I open the edit page for the Italian property I am able to rearrange the images.

Could you see if I'm missing something there? If not, the issue could an exception on your site only so I'd ask you to try a compatibility test:
- backup your site
- disable all plugin except WPML and its addons
- switch to a default theme like TwentySeventeen
- check if the issue is happening again
- if it's not, reactivate your plugins one by one, checking every time if the issue shows up again
- lastly, reactivate your theme

March 16, 2019 at 5:15 am #3358975

williamS-2

Why do I have to do this?
One of your people already has a full copy of my site, why can't you use that and find the problem?

This is not a free plugin, you updated it and didn't check compatibility with your customers, that falls on you, not us.

Now, Lauren has a full copy of my site, speak to her, run your tests on that site, this is not my job to troubleshoot your plugin.

I paid for it, it should work.

March 16, 2019 at 5:20 am #3358979

williamS-2

Maybe someone else should take over this thread, you are very slow to reply and not very proactive.

I'm so bored with this I'm on the verge of dropping WPML and going on a review marathon.
Maybe best for your company if someone else steps into this quickly.