This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Diego Pereira 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Author Posts
May 15, 2018 at 12:09 pm #2138361

Marc

Tell us what you are trying to do?
- I try to implement a WPML language switcher with the Dutch and English language flags in the top right header of my website. I can't and as a temporary solution I use two flags with a link. I can implement a language switcher in the menu via the Ronneby theme but I want it in the top right header section and don't know how to do this. See the screenshots for more clarification.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
- yes from the WPML plugin

Is there a similar example that we can see?
- hidden link

What is the link to your site?
- hidden link

May 16, 2018 at 2:28 pm #2159733

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello @marc, welcome to the WPML support forum!

Here are the ways to add a language switcher to your website:

• Through the "WPML -> Languages" menu (where you can also customize it)
  • As Widget
  • Using a Shortcode
  • Using PHP Actions
  • Building your Own Custom Language Switchers (PHP)

More details here: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/language-switcher-options/

I think that in your case the shortcode way would be ideal. However, this section of your theme options should support shortcodes in order for it to work.

Please add one of these shortcode on the "Top Address Panel" field:

[wpml_language_switcher type="widget" flags=1 native=0 translated=0][/wpml_language_switcher]

or

[wpml_language_selector_widget]

Please let me know if it worked for you.

All the best,
Diego