This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 3.39 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by casd 12 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
October 9, 2018 at 12:43 pm #2800005

casd

In U-Design if I integrate WPML in the menu bar, it still shows a dropdown arrow. How can I get this removed?

October 10, 2018 at 6:25 am #2803098

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

Please share with me a couple of screenshots for a better understanding.

To help you faster, I've enabled debug information for this support ticket. Please see this link for how to get this information from your site and give it to us: http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

--
Thanks!

Bigul

October 10, 2018 at 7:48 am #2803225

casd

Hi,

Thanks and here is the screenshot:

October 10, 2018 at 2:57 pm #2804907

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the details. But we are not able to access your site. It is showing the blank screen. Please check.

Maybe you are facing this issue because of compatibility conflicts. So to make sure if possible, please do the following steps.

a) Backup your site first
b) Switch for a moment to a WordPress default theme like 2017
c) Deactivate all the plugins that are not related to WPML
d) If the issue is gone, activate the plugin one by one to see with which one there is an interaction issue

--
Thanks!

Bigul

October 11, 2018 at 12:52 pm #2808215

casd

Hi,

That is because there is a coming soon plugin installed. Can I give the support team access to solve it?

Regards,

October 11, 2018 at 4:44 pm #2809157

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup. I would like to access the admin area of your site for further checking. Please check the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

hidden link

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

--
Thanks!

Bigul

October 12, 2018 at 4:11 pm #2812596

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the login information. But I am not able to login to the site because of the *FOUT: Ongeldige gebruikersnaam. Wachtwoord vergeten?* error. Please check.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

October 15, 2018 at 3:41 pm #2818148

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the login information. It looks like a compatibility issue. Therefore please allow me to make a duplicator copy of your site using the Duplicator plugin(https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/) for debugging the issue on my local server.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

October 15, 2018 at 4:09 pm #2818234

casd

Hi, fine by me. Regards,

October 16, 2018 at 12:07 pm #2820868

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the permission. I made a Duplicator copy of your site now. Will debug it further and get back to you soon. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

October 17, 2018 at 12:23 pm #2824545

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

For your kind updates, it is an expected result because the *U-Design* theme is adding following CSS to each menu item which has a submenu. So it is adding *+* for WPML Language switcher also.

#navigation-menu .sf-arrows .sf-with-ul:after {
	background: url('../images/auto-arrows.png') no-repeat -10px -100px !important; /* 8-bit indexed alpha png. IE6 gets solid image only */
}

It works as expected in our local copy after we add the following CSS in Appearence>>Customizer>>Extra CSS. Please try it after a backup and let me know your feedback.

#navigation-menu .menu-item-language .sf-with-ul:after {
    background: none !important;
}

Please check the attached images for more details.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

October 22, 2018 at 7:54 am #2837036

casd

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!