This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: The homepage was redirecting to /home and the spanish homepage was not working. Solution: 1. Set homepage correctly in Settings->Reading->Homepage. 2. Complete homepage translation in Spanish.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by kellyC-6 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
August 27, 2019 at 3:46 pm #4468255

kellyC-6

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I am trying to implement WPML, starting with Spanish language, but with hopes to have many more languages. I have translated the Spanish version, but here are things that have happened:
1) before implementing WPML, my site worked normally: hidden link
Now, I can only access it hidden link
Please, I need help urgently changing this (WordPress site)
2) When I click on Spanish the work that I did translating does not appear, I cannot figure out where it is.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?

August 27, 2019 at 3:51 pm #4468283

kellyC-6

Is there any documentation that you are following? I was following WPML documentation and this youtube video: hidden link

Is there a similar example that we can see?I just want it to look like hidden link, with my Spanish option working which I already translated.
What is the link to your site? hidden link

August 27, 2019 at 5:04 pm #4468691

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I will be glad to help with this.

I think that you are not specifying the correct homepage in WordPress menu Settings->Reading.

Can you allow me temporary access to your website to check that?

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

August 27, 2019 at 6:02 pm #4468897

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

I have fixed the setting for the homepage. See the one previous setting in the attached image.
This has resolved the issue for the homepage hidden link
But the Spanish page is returning an error because the Spanish translation is a "Draft", it should be completed and switched to publish status.

Best regards,
Jamal

August 29, 2019 at 6:29 pm #4483083

kellyC-6

PERFECT!! Thank you Jamal so much! that was exactly it!!
I have watched many videos and done many attempts since, but there are still 3 translation issues that I am having with the Spanish version of hidden link:

1. Testimonials not translating to spanish. I was able to translate them in elementor, but when I saved, they do not appear. I cannot find them in WPML management

2. Spanish menu not translating. (the titles translate below when scrolling, but up at the top menu bar, they do not translate)
English --> Spanish:
About --> La Propiedad
Details --> Detalles
Photos --> Fotos
Video --> Video
Testimonials --> Testimonios
Map --> Mapa
Contact Us --> Contáctenos

3. CONTACT US: Squeeze Form and Contact form 7 not transalting. (I followed youtube videos, but in WPML translation management, I cannot find the form or the squeeze form. I did translate the download, but still does not appear).

a) SQUEEZE FORM ADD ON:
- Download archive and logo need to be changed Spanish download versión for PDF: hidden link
- Spanish logo for property appraisal: hidden link
- Text transalation: English --> Spanish
In 2015, the property was appraised at $3,970,000 USD. Download the full appraisal here! -->
En 2015, la propiedad fue valorada en $3,970,000 USD. Descargue la tasación completa aquí!
Property Appraisal 2015 --> Tasación de la Propiedad 2015

b) CONTACT FORM 7:
English --> Spanish
Your name (required) --> Nombre (Requerido)
Your Email (required) --> Email (Requerido)
Subject --> Asunto
Your Message --> Mensaje
Send --> Enviar

August 30, 2019 at 9:43 am #4485723

Jamal
Supporter

Hi,

I am glad I could help. However, for support rules we are able to handle only one issue at the time. This helps us to bring you a better service and also help other users to find all the information here exposed.
For that reason I have to kindly ask you to open a new thread if you need further assistance, you can assign it directly to me(If you mark this ticket as resolved). In that way, you don't have to wait and we can continue working on it.

Please provide as many details on each ticket on what you have done so far and what is blocking, you can explain the issues in a way like:
1. I go to xxx
2. I do xxx
3. I expect to have xxx
4. Instead, I get xxx

Best regards,
Jamal

September 2, 2019 at 3:17 pm #4498167

kellyC-6

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!