Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
July 10, 2019 at 11:30 am #4179453

Neil Wilkie

Hi,

I am raising this ticket on behalf of our client (Showpad), per my email communication with Ornela Flores.

We have recently completed our first WPML project with Showpad and when we are returning target files they are receiving an error and cannot import. Attached is the screenshot they have provided.

Our support teams have looked into this but cannot see any obvious issue at our end. Are you able to look into this client side and advise how to rectify?

Many thanks,
Adam

Adam Railton - Senior Account Developer
adam.railton@lingo24.com

July 10, 2019 at 9:24 pm #4184569

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support Team.

This sounds like the file format is bad or ther ebeen made some unexpected changes on the XLIFF markup code.

I would like to take a look at the file that you received from the translation service. Do you think you could send us a download link by dropbox or a similar service?

Kind regards
Andreas

July 11, 2019 at 7:41 am #4186787

Neil Wilkie

Hi Andreas,

Here's an example for 1 set of files on the project:
* Source file: hidden link
* Target file: hidden link

The main difference in structure is that our platform will only add CDATA tags if they are required, so in this file they are not included. However this is the same for all xliffs we send to WPML and we haven't seen this issue on other projects.

Cheers,

Neil

July 11, 2019 at 4:08 pm #4191797

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the provided files.

I checked the files for errors and it seesm there are issues with the language attributes which should be "en-us" and "fr-fr" and further seems there is a sytax issue due to special signs.

I am consulting our second tier support in regards to the issue and I will be in contact as soon I received feedback.

Kind regards
Andreas

July 16, 2019 at 9:15 am #4218031

Neil Wilkie

Hi Andreas,

Do you have any update yet?

Regards,
Adam

July 16, 2019 at 3:07 pm #4221549

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

For further investigation of the issue I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.

IMPORTANT

Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:
hidden link

Kind regards
Andreas

July 17, 2019 at 8:04 am #4227091

Neil Wilkie

Andreas,

As explained in my first message, this is not our site. This ticket was raised on behalf of one of our customers.

Can you please arrange to contact the client directly? Or at least can you provide direct contact details so I can ask them to reach out, avoiding any further delay? I am aware it has taken the best part of 6 days between your updates and we don't appear to be any further forward.

We need to expedite this as it is having a negative impact on the client. We are of course happy to assist with any questions and/or investigation at our side, but from what I can tell you need to be in contact with the client/site manager.

Regards,
Adam
adam.railton@lingo24.com
+44 (0) 7908 081 869

July 18, 2019 at 6:02 pm #4241661

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I am sadly not able to create a ticket in order to reach out to the client.

Please reach out to your client and let them know that they should open a ticket on our forum on this behalf in order for us to revise the site for issues.

Further, please have a look at this demo app which should assist you in segmenting and merging XLIFF files. Please take note that this is not an official release yet but I hope it can assist with this the issue.

hidden link

Kind regards
Andreas

Kind regards,
Andreas

October 24, 2019 at 2:20 pm #4821213

Andreas W.
Supporter

***STATUS UPDATE***