We have just released WPML 4.3.3. Before reporting issues please make sure to update - this version resolves all known issues with the major WPML 4.3 release

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 17 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
June 27, 2019 at 12:15 pm #4099973

jackR-2

Please review https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wp-all-import-2/.

I did what Lauren told me (via "WPML Translation ID"), however I still got the same results.

June 27, 2019 at 1:15 pm #4100219

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-05:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this. What is the name of the unique column that you created to use for linking the translations?

Please send me an example of the files you are importing and I will be happy to test this on a fresh install. You can upload the files to Google Drive or Dropbox and share the links here.

June 27, 2019 at 4:20 pm #4101565

jackR-2

WPML Translation ID, this column is unique and identical in both tables.

June 27, 2019 at 4:28 pm #4101583

jackR-2

Here are the files that I am importing:
hidden link

June 27, 2019 at 6:53 pm #4102289

Lauren
Supporter

Thanks for sending the files. I renamed your column to "Connect" and then sorted the files by the Connect column. I then ran the import on a test site. The products that had the matching connector were linked to their translation.

You can click this link to login and take a loo:
hidden link

I did not map all fields, just the basics to see if the import products would link. Feel free to look through at my settings or test anything you'd like on staging site.

June 28, 2019 at 8:51 am #4105763

jackR-2

You renamed the "WPML Translation ID" to "Connect"?

June 28, 2019 at 4:30 pm #4109485

Lauren
Supporter

Correct, I changed the name of the column and also sorted the file by that column.

July 5, 2019 at 1:26 pm #4151635

jackR-2

Hi,
I did exactly what you told me to do and the products have been imported in both languages, however none are linked.

July 8, 2019 at 12:24 pm #4162271

jackR-2

Hello?

July 8, 2019 at 4:35 pm #4164393

Lauren
Supporter

To best troubleshoot the issue, please make a snapshot of your site using the Duplicator plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/. This will allow me to try and duplicate the error so that I can run further tests without interrupting your live site.

Once the snapshot is complete, either upload the snapshot ZIP file and the installer.php file to a file sharing service such as Dropbox (and share the link in your reply) or right click the Duplicator links in your wp-admin and paste in your reply.

Please note: It is important to reduce the size of the package so please exclude some paths like /cache or /uploads and also exclude archives and media files.

I will also need the username and password of an account that was created BEFORE creating the duplicator package.

I will enable the next reply to be private so only you and I have access to it!

July 8, 2019 at 7:10 pm #4165255

Lauren
Supporter

It looks like the login is blocked. Please see attached screenshot. Let me know once the block has been removed and I'll be happy to log in and take a look. Thanks!

July 9, 2019 at 9:49 am #4169329

jackR-2

Please try again, I got a cookie warning when entering with the username. I then put in my email address and it worked fine.

July 9, 2019 at 5:30 pm #4173455

Lauren
Supporter

It looks like you are using three different fields in the unique identifier. Please try using ONLY the column that you created to be the unique identifier, and then run the import.

July 10, 2019 at 7:36 am #4176633

jackR-2

I thought I was doing that correctly...sorry. Will try with only the unique column.

July 10, 2019 at 9:20 am #4177681

jackR-2

I think I have done it!!
Original (English) didn't have the updated connect column (my fault).

However, could you tell me why some of my Spanish have "Copy Copy..." in the titles?