This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.68 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Author Posts
July 10, 2019 at 4:02 pm #4182473

Julian

Hi,

We have a WordPress website with Woocommerce and Wpml.

Two languages are set, the primary is english and the secondary is french.

We first did an import of our products in english with the plugin WpAllImportPro, the extension "WPAllImport - WooCommerce Add-On Pro" and "WPML All Import", where we defined the "SKU" has the "unique identifier".

This worked, but when we want to import the translations in french, we linked this import to the previous one and again defined the "SKU" has the "unique identifier".

The translations are created and linked to the their english product.

But we go to see one of the french product we can observe that the Woocommerce datas (price, attributes, variations,...) of the english product hasn't been duplicated correctly. We need to update the english product manually to synchronize the Woocommerce datas between the main product in english and the translation in french.

Do you have some clues on why this could happen?

Thanks.

July 10, 2019 at 10:22 pm #4184659

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support Forum.

Did you try to sync the products at WooCommerce -> WooCommerce -> Multilingual -> Status -> Troubleshooting? Try to run all available options.

I would not advise to use the SKU as unique identifier. The unique identifier column should have any name, but I would not adivse to use a name for keys that are existing in WooCommcerce.

Did the SKU get imported as expected?

I would advise you to test the import with a unique identifier like for example "Connector" and then give the same number value for each product starting from "1".

When importing make sure to set the relation between the imported products (French) and the dafault products (English). If I am not mistaken this option is at step 4 of the import process at the option "WPML-Add on"

https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/wpml-all-import-plugin-website-import-with-wpml/

I hope this solved the issue.

Kind regards
Andreas

The topic ‘[Closed] Import products translations with WpAllImport’ is closed to new replies.