This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
August 17, 2017 at 8:01 am #1345009

Maikel

I am trying to:
Import products with WP All import. Some products have exact the same product category name in different languages, after the import (category does not exist yet) only the main category is created.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
none

I expected to see:
2 product categories each in his own language. So category_nl and main category in EN without manual creation.

Instead, I got:
1 category created in the main language and the other language is empty.

August 17, 2017 at 9:30 am #1345108

Francesco Di Candia

Hi Maikel,
as you can read here
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/wpml-all-import-plugin-website-import-with-wpml/

Terms should not have the exact same name in the original and translated languages, otherwise, the import of the translated terms will not function properly. If terms have the same name in multiple languages, it is recommended that you change the name of the terms in the translated terms before import. After successful import, you could change the name of the translated term to be the same as the original term.

So, you can create one category for each language (with different terms) before the import, proceed with the import and then change the name of the translated category.
Please let me know if this resolves your issue or if you still need help.
Thank you, Francesco