This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcel 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcel.

Author Posts
June 11, 2019 at 1:45 pm #3995795

Marek

I try to import variable WooCommerce variable products. The import works fine but when I import the product in a different language it does not 'connect' to the original language. I use a connector field and have set this value under unique Identifier.

I test in a sandbox but the result is the same, any suggestions?

Login: hidden link
Username: demo
Password: 1528URrIChez

June 11, 2019 at 4:34 pm #3997313

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi Marek,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

You have the Connector only filled in one column. Please fill it out for all columns as shown in the attached screenshot. Then you can add as Identifier: {connector[1]}

Please let me know if it worked for you.

Best Marcel

June 12, 2019 at 8:42 am #4002025

Marek

Hi Marcel,

That doesn't work. Your colleague told me this:

Shekhar Bhandari : You should use the connecter for the product not the variables.

If I use the connector value as identifier the product is imported as a simple product and not as a variable product.

Any other suggestions?

Frank

June 12, 2019 at 5:40 pm #4006581

Marcel
Supporter

Hi Marek,

That's indeed true. Please give me some time to run some tests. Then I will try to find a solution to your problem.

Best Marcel

June 13, 2019 at 2:21 pm #4013689

Marcel
Supporter

Hi Marek,

could you please control my import?

hidden link
hidden link

I opened your import template and changed in both languages the following:

#1 I opened "Variations -> and changed the setting to "All variations for a particular product have the same title. There are no parent products.", then I set as identifier Title " {title[1]} "
#2 In Step 4 I changed the identifier to " {title[1]}{productpower[1]}{connector[1]} "

Please let me know if it's working for you.

Best Marcel

June 13, 2019 at 3:40 pm #4014847

Marek

Hello Marcel,

Thanks, but the products are still not connected to each other. If the English product is the default I expect to see the German product as a translation of the English version. In other words the German product must not be a standalone product but must connected to the English default product.

I've attached some screenshots form the production site on how I expect to see the products connected. As you can see the German version is really a translation and the settings can only be changed on the default product.

Hope this explains the issue

With Regards,

Frank

June 14, 2019 at 11:02 am #4020713

Marcel
Supporter

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the explanation! Now I fully understand the issue, that the imported products are not connected. I will test another import and let you know ASAP.

Best Marcel

June 14, 2019 at 12:57 pm #4021561

Marcel
Supporter

Hi again,

I contacted our 2nd Tier support to assist in your case. It's indeed not possible to import the variable products. I will update you ASAP as I will get a response.

Best Marcel

June 26, 2019 at 7:52 am #4090225

Marcel
Supporter

Hi Frank,

Thanks for your patience.

I tested the feedback from our 2nd Tier on the Sandbox, and I'm still not able to import your files. Following steps we tested:

#1 Changed import settings to "All variations for a particular product have the same title", as recommended in the following video: hidden link
#2 Set identifier Title ” {title[1]} ” -> In Step 4 changed the identifier to ” {title[1]}{productpower[1]}{connector[1]} “/
#3 a. Set the connector field {connector[1]} in Step4. After this, there is coming a "Duplicate Record" warning, and it's importing only two variations from 7.
#3 b. DE: When I set the WPML connector to {connector[1]} and the same on Step4, the product is not connected again.
#4 Set the connector ( {connector[1]} instead of {title[1]} ) for variations, I get 2 variations imported as 2 different products, and they are still not connected to each other.

I forwarded your case now to our bugtracker we one of the developers will look at it.

Best Regards
Marcel

June 29, 2019 at 8:15 am #4111311

Marcel
Supporter

Hi Frank,

now we solved the problem:

We needed to modify your CSV file to have a different connector. You can easily follow our steps here:

#1 Please open the Sandbox again hidden link
#2 Open the "Manage Import" section: hidden link
#3 Check our saved import ID 21 & 22. Please see our modified import template over "Edit import". We also created a new CSV file with the filename "_modified" which is attached to this 2 IDs. Here we did the following change on the connector:

Connector
wpx-1
wpx-2
wpx-3

With this change, the import is now connected.

Please let me know if you have further question.

Best Marcel