This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 6 days, 1 hour ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
October 6, 2019 at 7:06 am #4701773

flavioD-3

After I import an xliff file I get the following error:
Si è verificato un problema di comunicazione con l'editor di traduzione avanzato: (Forbidden)

Translated in English has to be the following:
There was a communication error with the advanced translation editor: (Forbidden)

The file that I upload is a Woocommerce product translation from Italian to English.

That message continues to be shown even if I open other sections of the backoffice.

If I open that product in front office (hidden link) I can see it fine in both English and Italian languages so that I don't understand for what is that error message.

If I edit the translated product the following message is shown:
The recommended way to translate WooCommerce products is using the WooCommerce Multilingual products translation page. Please use this page only for translating elements that are not available in the WooCommerce Multilingual products translation table.

I use XLIFF files to do the translation so I don't understand that suggestion message.

In the translation list that product is shown with the following status:
Completata- (da aggiornare) in English: Completed - (to be updated)

How I can do to import translation XLIFF files with status Completed? Or to change all at once their status from Completed - (to be updated) to Completed?

Thank you for your support

October 7, 2019 at 3:33 pm #4708943

flavioD-3

The most of the times I upload a XLIFF file I get the following error:

Gateway Timeout
The gateway did not receive a timely response from the upstream server or application.

Could you suggest how to solve that problem too?
Thank you

October 7, 2019 at 3:48 pm #4709105

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

I would like to ask you to follow this steps in order to isolate the cause of the issue:
- Back up your site first before making any change, this is for security reasons.
- Update all outdated plugins and themes.
- Flush any cache memory that might exists.
- Deactivate all the plugins that are not related to WPML.
- Switch for a moment to a WordPress default theme like Twenty Seventeen.
- Activate the debug mode by following the steps described in this link: https://wordpress.org/support/article/debugging-in-wordpress/
- If the issue is gone, activate one by one to see with which one there is an interaction issue.
- If the issue persists please provide the information that might appear in the debug.log file located within the wp-content folder.

Could you tell me the result of this steps?

Kind regards,
Carlos

October 8, 2019 at 8:09 am #4713069

flavioD-3

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

October 8, 2019 at 9:39 am #4713667

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hi there,

I'm glad to hear that the issue is solved 🙂

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need our help in the future with WPML. We will be more than happy to help.
Best regards,
Carlos