Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Joanna 3 years, 11 months ago.

Author Posts
June 16, 2014 at 9:55 am #419432

Joanna

> Hi Joanna,
>
> So essentially we are rebuilding the blog without using any existing db tables.
> So we've created a fresh WP install, manually created all users, installed the theme - configured etc,
>
> My question:
> Is it better to first install and configure WPML and then import posts/pages/images from current live site?
> Or
> Should I import all data first then install/configure WPML?
>
> I did try a test import after having WPML installed and configured - the posts seemed to import however they were not visible.
> I went through WPML troubleshooting options and it didn't fix it. Posts were present in DB tables but not in the site itself..
>
> Thanks
> Will

June 16, 2014 at 10:00 am #419438

Joanna

Hello Will,

You need to import your content first and then activate and configure the WPML plugins. You will avoid the problem of those "invisible" posts then.
After you do that, you will be able to set your posts/pages as a translation for any additional ones.

December 4, 2015 at 10:53 pm #761887

Juan Pablo

Hi Joanna, may be you can help me, I bought the time life plug in, because I could not work with the las the wpml:sitepress-multilingual-cms.3.0.2 It gave me a fatal error when I tried to activate . So I tought I will work with you new version: sitepress-multilingual-cms.3.3.1 fine, but a big deception I wont work I made abou 4 installations from ZERO, activating after the content , before content, with other plugin , with out plugins, in a clean new wordpress intallation, but always the same error , if I have content this plug in deleted all of them if is a new installation I can create pages, post , upload images etc. I am really crazy and upset, Please give a solution otr plase refound my money, WHo can help me. I deleted all the 4 sites inmy desesperation, Now I am going to create another installation of wordpress with and old wordpress version and old VPML.
I hope you can give a an answer, not just as a mail I recieved I need to verify compatability with themes and plugs I tried all possible scenarios.
Thank You
Juan Pablo Davila
jp@jpdavila.com

December 8, 2015 at 9:59 am #763317

Joanna

Hello Juan Pablo,

I'm sorry for the late reply – closed tickets are no longer visible in our support queues.

Could you please open a separate ticket describing your issue in more detail? Could please paste the fatal error you had? It will help us debug the problem.
Please also add the steps you took to exclude, e.g., compatibility issues (so the supporter who assists you would know the things you've already checked).

If it's possible, please share a copy of your site (that clean installation with the fatal error, with no sensitive data involved). You can use the Duplicator plugin for that.

Just create a new ticket with all the information mentioned above and we will find a solution to your issue.