This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
June 2, 2019 at 8:50 am #3937017

khalidA-27

Hi

Without buying All Import Plugin, I have a problem importing products.
Please watch the video
hidden link

Thanks

June 3, 2019 at 10:43 am #3941601

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

thanks for contacting us.

I watched the video, but since you're using the WooCommerce import, and in a single language, I don't think this is related to WPML.
Unless you find that without WPML the products are correctly imported, I think you should submit your request to the WooCommerce support.

June 8, 2019 at 6:31 am #3980613

khalidA-27

Hi Laura

I can import products in English normally with WooCommerce import. But in Arabic it is like the video. WooCommerce have nothing to do with languages. WPML is the one who added language to WooCommerce.

So please find a solution to this

June 10, 2019 at 9:27 am #3986215

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi,

I'm sorry, but if you want to import translations (which wasn't clear at all from your previous post), at the moment the only supported method is using WP + WPML All Import. You don't need the Pro version to do it so you don't have to buy anything.

You can see our documentation here: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/wpml-all-import-plugin-website-import-with-wpml/

Let me know if this helps you or if you need further assistance.

June 11, 2019 at 6:41 am #3992127

khalidA-27

I don't want to import translation.
My default language is Arabic. When I upload Arabic products through csv file to Arabic language it become " ?????????" like the video.
So This has nothing to do with translation.
In this case translation will be English, Not Arabic

June 12, 2019 at 9:40 am #4002667

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

if you deactivate WPML, do you still have the issue?

June 25, 2019 at 3:55 pm #4086119

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Hello, my name is Alejandro,

Since Laura is currently not available, I will replace him here in the forum.

I hope this is OK with you.

When the characters do not show correctly, it's because there are problems with special characters, so i suggest you first check if your CSV file is UTF8 encoded.

You can check this document to know how to do so:
https://www.webtoffee.com/how-to-save-csv-excel-file-as-utf-8-encoded/

Regards.