Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
October 31, 2019 at 11:22 am #4862985

frankE-8

I am trying to:
Update products images in woocommerce with WP All Import. This works fine while WPML is not activated.

I expected to see:
Images are deleted on the server and in media library and replaced by the new images

Instead, I got:
After activation of WPML the images are not updated but rather replaced with a new version of the filename with a number added. The old image file will remain on the server and in the media library as well. It seems, that after activation of WPML, the image file won't be deleted. After a few imports the server gets totally crowded with all the images.

I have tried every combination and setting in WPML and WP All Import and WPML plugins (like WPML All Import). All other plugins are deactivated and a plain template is used. Log of import and PHP error log don't show any errors.

November 13, 2019 at 7:36 pm #4942543

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+02:00)

Hello, and sorry for the late response here.

It seems that there was a problem in our systems that caused this chat ticket to disappear.

The issue that you are reporting here is already known to us and escalated to our developers. You can see a reference for this in another forum ticket (French) here.
https://wpml.org/fr/forums/topic/medias-are-not-deleted-in-library-when-importing-with-wp-all-import/

I'll now also add this ticket to our internal documentation and will let you know here once there will be news regarding this issue.

Thank you for your patience.
Itamar.