This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
July 26, 2019 at 2:43 am #4286859

michaelC-18

I tried to import XLIFF files exported from WeGlot but gets the error "The uploaded xliff file does not seem to be properly formed." We have a lot of translations in those files that we would like to use on our site.

July 26, 2019 at 6:37 am #4287771

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

"The uploaded xliff file does not seem to be properly formed.

Very often when this happens, the reason is because when creating those zip files, something have may gone wrong on the translation services (or the translation software) side, possibly corrupting zip files in some way, not allowing WPML to open them and read them.

Can you try the following solution?
- Unzip these files on your computer
- create your own zips again using software such as hidden link
- try importing them now

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 26, 2019 at 8:55 am #4288467

michaelC-18

I have tried unzipping, rezipping in .zip or .7 and .xliff it still doesn't work. Do you want me to share the .xliff files?

July 26, 2019 at 9:37 am #4288693

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

I apologize for missing this fact before - you're trying to do the export from Weglot - hidden link?

In order to import XLIFF files, they need to be translated using the compatible service or software. Weglot is another platform offering translations and I'm not aware that XLIFF files you export from their are compatible with WPML.
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-desktop-cat-tools/configuring-xliff-file-options/

Also, you will need to have translation jobs created, since XLIFF files matches translations with those jobs, based on the job ID.
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/

So I don't think this is going to work.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

The topic ‘[Closed] Importing Xliff files’ is closed to new replies.