We have just released WPML 4.3.3. Before reporting issues please make sure to update - this version resolves all known issues with the major WPML 4.3 release

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
August 5, 2019 at 7:32 pm

juan-manuelA-2

I am trying to translate this string to Spanish but I cannot find how. I did a general search but not found it. Also, I deactivate the cache plugin but it seems not working.

August 5, 2019 at 9:12 pm #4343053

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML!

The text you mentioned could be hard-coded directly in a theme or a plugin. WPML cannot pickup those strings. If you have hard-coded the strings, you would need use gettext functions to make those strings translateable. You can find more information on this below:

https://wpml.org/faq/getting-string-translation-to-work/#method-3-using-gettext-for-hard-coded-strings

I suggest you to search for the text in your theme and possible plugin which is adding the text. Then use the instructions on the above link to make the string translateable.

Let me know if you have any questions.

August 5, 2019 at 9:30 pm #4343119

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-08:00)

Hi There,

If possible please provide me which string you are trying to translate and where i can find it in the front end as well as if it is coming from your theme, or another plugin so i can better assist you.

NOTE : i looked for string Showing the single result in case that was the string but i am not able to find it in the front end.

August 6, 2019 at 3:00 pm #4348903

juan-manuelA-2

Bobby the string is "Showing the single result" in the general page in Spanish.

August 6, 2019 at 3:26 pm #4349113

juan-manuelA-2

I found the issue. the string was in woocommerce plugin, I do not know why it didn't show when I did the search, and I did several ones including one general in all plugins and themes. I am writing for futures clients find the answer and say thank you to you all.

August 6, 2019 at 8:39 pm #4350477

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-08:00)

I am glad to hear that the issue has been resolved and thank you for adding an explanation for other users as well