This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.70 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
September 30, 2018 at 3:57 pm #2776633

thomasr-63

I am trying to: upgrade version already installed and working well

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got: it crashed and disappeared !

October 2, 2018 at 5:23 am #2780346

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues. Please let me know the following for tracking the issue.

a) Which version of WPML you were using before upgrading to the latest version

b) To help you faster, I've enabled debug information for this support ticket. Please see this link for how to get this information from your site and give it to us: http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

c) Please share with me the WordPress debug.log (not WPML debug information). Please check this page for instructions https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

// Disable display of errors and warnings 
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
@ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

// Use dev versions of core JS and CSS files (only needed if you are modifying these core files)
define( 'SCRIPT_DEBUG', true );

In this case, the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the */wp-content/* directory. Please do the steps to reproduce the bug and check you are getting any errors or warning related to WPML in the log file.

If you can paste your debug.log to http://pastebin.com/index.php and provide me that link it would be great! (This is the cleanest way because sometimes the logs are long and create a complete mess of discussion).

--
Thanks!

Bigul

October 2, 2018 at 5:27 am #2780348

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'd be happy to assist you further on this issue.

It seems like a theme/plugin conflict or a PHP error that is blocking some functionalities and creating such issues, so could you please perform the below steps and let me know if that helps?

Minimal Setup
If you disable all non-related WPML plugins, switch to one of default themes, the problem persists or not?
NOTE:
+ Make a backup (both files and database) for your site before updating/proceeding anything (Always a good practice!).

Debugging
1. Please follow the debugging information provided here: http://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/.
2. Repeat the action of creating the problem.
3. Copy and paste the contents of debug.log (log file inside the /wp-content/ directory) here for me to see.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

October 2, 2018 at 7:53 pm #2782625

thomasr-63

i could download, but it displayed this error message.

October 3, 2018 at 10:04 am #2784131

thomasr-63

i could install, but i still have the message:

Warning: xrstf_Composer52_ClassLoader::include(/public_html/nir-industry/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/compatibility/wpml-compatibility-factory.php) [xrstf-composer52-classloader.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /public_html/nir-industry/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/composer/ClassLoader52.php on line 186

Warning: xrstf_Composer52_ClassLoader::include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/public_html/nir-industry/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/compatibility/wpml-compatibility-factory.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /public_html/nir-industry/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/composer/ClassLoader52.php on line 186

Warning: class_implements() [function.class-implements]: Class WPML_Compatibility_Factory does not exist and could not be loaded in /public_html/nir-industry/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/action-filter-loader/class-wpml-action-filter-loader.php on line 16

Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /public_html/nir-industry/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/action-filter-loader/class-wpml-action-filter-loader.php on line 18

Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /public_html/nir-industry/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/action-filter-loader/class-wpml-action-filter-loader.php on line 19

Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /public_html/nir-industry/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/action-filter-loader/class-wpml-action-filter-loader.php on line 20

Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /public_html/nir-industry/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/action-filter-loader/class-wpml-action-filter-loader.php on line 21

Warning: xrstf_Composer52_ClassLoader::include(/public_html/nir-industry/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/compatibility/enfold/class-wpml-compatibility-theme-enfold.php) [xrstf-composer52-classloader.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /public_html/nir-industry/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/composer/ClassLoader52.php on line 186

Warning: xrstf_Composer52_ClassLoader::include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/public_html/nir-industry/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/compatibility/enfold/class-wpml-compatibility-theme-enfold.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /public_html/nir-industry/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/composer/ClassLoader52.php on line 186

Fatal error: Class 'WPML_Compatibility_Theme_Enfold' not found in /public_html/nir-industry/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/plugins-integration.php on line 80

October 3, 2018 at 12:21 pm #2784482

Bigul
Supporter

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. Which version of WPML you were using before upgrading to the latest version?

Maybe you are having this issue because of compatibility issues. So to make sure if possible, please do the following steps.

a) Backup your site first
b) Switch for a moment to a WordPress default theme like 2017
c) Deactivate all the plugins that are not related to WPML
d) If the issue is gone, activate the plugin one by one to see with which one there is an interaction issue

If you are still having the issues please try the following steps and let me know your feedback.

a) Make a full site backup of your site
b) Deactivate all the WPML plugins
c) Delete the plugins(WPML ones) from the plugins list
d) Download the plugins from WPML.org>>Downloads
e) Upload the files
d) Activate WPML and make sure the issue is existing or not

--
Thanks!

Bigul

The topic ‘[Closed] impossible to install latest version of WPML Multilingual CMS in wordpress’ is closed to new replies.