This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Impossible to set footer menus in each langage Solution: - Set all these widgets to show on all the languages - translate widget titles using string-translation (see image) - synchronize all these menus into other languages Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-menus/#option-2-automatic-menus-sync-by-wpml

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by romainO-2 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
August 1, 2019 at 10:29 pm

romainO-2

Hi,

I am trying to create a footer with 5 columns and a menu in each column, for 3 langages.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

For French, the source langage, everything works fine. But for other langages I find no way to make it work. If I create new widget menus and choose "display in the langage : English" after having selected English as the admin langage, it replace the settings I did in French and apply to all langages. And If I chose "all languages" as the admin langage, I can't see any of the menus I created.

Last thing : when I made all these widget tests, it removed the langage selector of the menu (?)

I'm using Divi theme.

August 2, 2019 at 6:44 am #4327229

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

Since all of these are menus, can you tell me if you tried the following scenario:

- Set all these widgets to show on all the languages
- translate widget titles using string-translation (see image)
- synchronize all these menus into other languages
-- https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-menus/#option-2-automatic-menus-sync-by-wpml

Regards,
Bruno Kos

August 12, 2019 at 4:45 am #4378347

romainO-2

Hi,

It worked, thank you !