Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 24 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Radu 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
February 6, 2021 at 11:00 pm #8023789

andreaB-8

I'm using standard editor for translate home page

hidden link

After insert translation I have these issue:
- site layout becomes missed (fonts etc..)
- header of page is missed
- some content area are not visibile (for example boxes with images that I've in Italian Version)

These classic editor is cool for translate.... but what happens with all content that now I don't see in new EN version?

Check here
hidden link

February 8, 2021 at 6:11 pm #8035335

andreaB-8

Why don't you reply me?

February 9, 2021 at 10:02 am #8039303

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

thanks for contacting us.

Before your ticket is assigned to one of my colleagues, please allow me to walk you through some initial debugging steps. This will help speed up the support process.

We don't have enough information to reply to your question. Please provide us your WPML debug information. You can find it in:
WPML -> Support -> click on debug information link
Then you can copy/paste the text you see in the Debug box I'll enable for the next answer.
More information here: http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

February 9, 2021 at 12:19 pm #8041225

andreaB-8

Here info, please help me ASAP

February 9, 2021 at 1:08 pm #8041759

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Andrea,

As I can see, you're using a theme called Ceedo. I'm not sure how the layout elements are created on the page or how the theme works (there might be some compatibility issues with WPML).

What I can do is have a look at the way that the page is created and see if I can spot any change that might make the English page look the same as the Italian one. Can you give me access to the dashboard area, please? The next reply is set to be private so you can safely send me the credentials.

Thanks,
Radu

February 10, 2021 at 10:49 am #8050351

andreaB-8

After many days I'm still waiting for that you resolve my issue.
Please can you help me??
Now home page has missed layout CSS fonts style (check attached)
I don't know how to translate ALL items (products, home etc...)
If possibile show me a sample of Home Page translate and Product page translated (check always that fonts sizes and type are LIKE original IT site)

Thanks!

Schermata 2021-02-10 alle 08.56.43.png
February 10, 2021 at 1:21 pm #8052061

Radu
Supporter

Hey Andrea,

First, I checked the Billboard elements and I could see that you removed the description element from the shortcode and kept the whole description text as a title. Please see the attached screenshot.
In this case, all I did was to copy back the title to the translated shortcode and use the long text as a description. Now, all you have to do is edit again the translation and translate the text on the title (PERCHÉ CEEDO and QUALE PRODOTTO SCEGLIERE).

Regarding the Masonry Gallery, I checked these elements and I could see that they are created using the healty category. In this case, please translate this category, then translate the Masonry Gallery elements here: hidden link

and have another look at the homepage.

Last but not least, I went to WPML → Settings → Traduzione dei tipi di contenuti and set the Articoli to Traducibile: se disponibile, usa la traduzione, altrimenti lascia la lingua predefinita. Now, the posts at the end of the homepage are from Italian until you translate them to English. If you want, you can set the option back to Traducibile: mostra solo gli elementi tradotti to show only the posts that are translated to English.

Thanks,
Radu

February 10, 2021 at 1:24 pm #8052077

Radu
Supporter

Hey Andrea,

I set the Masonry Gallery items to be shown on the English translated page, just like I did with the articles. Now, the English homepage is complete.

Thanks,
Radu

February 10, 2021 at 1:44 pm #8052291

andreaB-8

Can you tell me exactly where was issue and what I missed?

Another thing: please tell me how to translate
- all other pages
- products pages with details accordions (try to translate a product page please)

Thanks!

February 10, 2021 at 2:45 pm #8053177

Radu
Supporter

Hey Andrea,

Can you tell me what other page I should be checking, please?

I tried to translate this product:
hidden link

and it looks fine in English:
hidden link

Thanks,
Radu

February 10, 2021 at 4:30 pm #8054355

andreaB-8

First of all I wrote to tell me what I missed so I Can better understand.

Another thing is translate product pages
hidden link
Please tell me how to translate this page

And you missed something cause now when I click on categories I get error page 🙁

For example this link
hidden link

February 11, 2021 at 8:39 am #8058775

Radu
Supporter

Hey Andrea,

I tried to explain here:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/impossible-to-show-right-layout/#post-8052061

everything that I changed in order to make the homepage work fine in English. As I can see, you edited the English page and added the correct translation for the Billboard title.

In order to translate all the other pages, you can follow the steps presented here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/page-builders/

on the Translating page builder content yourself section.

If you have issues with missing elements from any other page, just send me a link to it and I'll have a look.

This category page:
hidden link

doesn't have a translation because you didn't translate the category. You need to go to WooCommerce → WooCommerce Multilingual → Categorie tab, and translate the Viso category. Once you do this, and add some translations for the products on the Viso category, you'll be able to change the language on this page:
hidden link

For more info, you can check the documentation about translating products created using WooCommerce right here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/

Thanks,
Radu

February 14, 2021 at 8:35 pm #8081885

andreaB-8

There is something that I don't know how to translate
hidden link
Check boxes in home
EYES, FACE, HANDS
I traslate in Mansatory Area but something missed.
If you check original home you'll see what I need.

Another issues is here:
hidden link

Using your editor I translated Answer but I don't have found where to translate questions.

Thanks

February 15, 2021 at 1:30 pm #8087973

Radu
Supporter

Hey Andrea,

I just checked one of the Masonry Gallery items here:
hidden link

If you check the English homepage now:
hidden link

you can see that the translated element is now looking just like the one in Italian.

I will tell you now what you need to do to all the other Masonry Gallery items in order to have them work the same way:
1. Please edit another Masonry Gallery item that you want to translate, like:
hidden link

2. Scroll to the Impostazioni contenuto multilingua section.
3. Just update the post again (press the Aggiorna button);
4. Edit the translation.

Now you should be able to translate all the other texts of the Masonry Gallery item. Please give this a try and tell me how it works.
Also, please translate all the other beauty category items. I think that this is the way to have the same order on the English homepage.

Thanks,
Radu

February 17, 2021 at 12:45 am #8101769

andreaB-8

--
I just checked one of the Masonry Gallery items here:
hidden link

If you check the English homepage now:
hidden link
--

No friend are different... check even original Italian site.
Item positions and content inside is different (for example for FACE)

I tried to follow what you wrote but doesn't works.

The topic ‘[Closed] Impossible to show right layout’ is closed to new replies.