We have just released WPML 4.3.3. Before reporting issues please make sure to update - this version resolves all known issues with the major WPML 4.3 release

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 31 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
June 17, 2019 at 8:26 am #4033195

alpayU

Hello,
our theme is WPML compatible but I have problems with the translation of certain texts.
1- At the top of the site, impossible to translate "Connection", "inscription" ...
2- At the foot of the site, impossible to translate the following texts hidden link

-> hidden link
-> hidden link
-> hidden link

Otherwise the whole site has been translated without any problem. This prevents us from officially opening our site. So thank you for helping us solve this little problem.

June 17, 2019 at 9:17 am #4033725

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hey,

You should be able to translate the widgets from the bottom by going to Dashboard → WPML → String Translation. The widgets are automatically registered to the database and they can be found in this section. Also, you can look for the other texts here too. Can you check this out and tell me how it goes, please?

Thanks,
Radu

June 17, 2019 at 11:50 am #4035061

alpayU

Hello Radu,
I searched the texts by choosing "Widgets" but apparently, the texts are not detected or recorded in the database.

June 17, 2019 at 1:43 pm #4035721

Radu
Supporter

Hey,

Is there any chance that you could give me access to the dashboard area of your website? I just want to check this a bit closer and see why's this not working as expected. The next message is set as private so you can safely send me the credentials.

Thanks,
Radu

June 18, 2019 at 8:53 am #4041515

Radu
Supporter

Hey,

Can you copy the file I attached here hidden link to the child theme and tell me if the strings from the top bar and from the footer can now be translated in WPML → String Translations, please? The last element from the footer area can be translated from here hidden link
Regarding the Search the domain name text, can you tell me if there's any place on your website where this can be edited from? Or is this the default text that appeared when you created the page? I need to know how is this created to find a way to translate it.

Thanks,
Radu

June 18, 2019 at 12:23 pm #4043743

alpayU

Hi Radu, thanx for you reply.
-->> "Can you copy the file I attached here xxxxxxxx to the child theme and tell me if the strings from the top bar and from the footer can now be translated in WPML → String Translations, please? "
I do not know what to do with this file. ?!?

-->> So I made your suggestion concerning the newsletter but the Turkish language is always the same thing.

-->> Regarding the Search the domain name text, can you tell me if there's any place on your website where this can be edited from? Or is this the default text that appeared when you created the page? I need to know how is this created to find a way to translate it.
"
This is managed by a plugin named WP Domain checker". the words to translate are here hidden link

June 18, 2019 at 1:54 pm #4044257

Radu
Supporter

Hey,

I added the file to the child theme for you. Can you go to the String Translations and try to translate the texts that you asked for, please?

Thanks,
Radu

June 18, 2019 at 2:07 pm #4044343

alpayU

Hi Radu,
I just tested the texts at the foot of the site, the texts remain the same

June 19, 2019 at 7:38 am #4048975

alpayU

Hi,
Any update ?

June 19, 2019 at 11:12 am #4051021

Radu
Supporter

Hey,

I created a new website using the same theme, translated the elements in String Translation, and everything works fine. You can have a look here: hidden link. You can switch between languages using the footer switcher. This website is using exactly the same changes.
In this case, can you try to deactivate all the caching modules and plugin from your website and see if the translation is still not showing, please? This is the only part that might keep the untranslated values. Can you give this a try, please?

Thanks,
Radu

June 19, 2019 at 1:26 pm #4051831

alpayU

Hi,
ok, keep the test page ON please. our dev will see check it.

June 19, 2019 at 1:30 pm #4051855

Radu
Supporter

Hey,

No worries. That page will stay there as long as you need. Just give me a message back once your dev team checked this out.

Thanks,
Radu

June 20, 2019 at 6:41 pm #4062479

alpayU

Hi Radu,
I have changed the content in the string translation section fo all my active languages. But it is reflecting in on language and not reflecting in another.

hidden link

if you will see at the above screenshot, I have updated the content where it should be and the same content is reflected in Turkish but not reflected in English!!

June 21, 2019 at 10:22 am #4066257

Radu
Supporter

Hey,

Did you made anything special to make the Turkish translation work? I'm asking this because all the settings look the same for English and Turkish but only one of them is working. Also, some other elements like About Company are translated well. Did you ask your dev team if they did anything special to make this work?

Thanks,
Radu

June 21, 2019 at 3:11 pm #4067985

alpayU

Hello,
no we have not done anything special. also about company is also not translated correctly.
we have just placed text in String Translation section.
Thanx

The topic ‘[Closed] impossible to translate some texts’ is closed to new replies.