This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 4.57 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 31 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 4 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
June 25, 2019 at 5:43 am #4081459

alpayU

Hi There
No we have not did anything special. Also about company is also not translated correctly.

we have just placed text in String Translation section.

June 25, 2019 at 11:49 am #4084091

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hey,

I checked your website a couple more times but I couldn't find why are the translations in English not working. Can you create a separate staging website with and try again to translate the footer items? You can only install the theme and translate the text, not anything else. I'm asking this because I want to see if you can replicate this issue. As you could see in the website I created, everything worked on my test.

Thanks,
Radu

June 25, 2019 at 1:12 pm #4084783

alpayU

Alright,
Can you guide exactly what you will need to have so that we can close this exactly with a screenshot or reference or something

June 25, 2019 at 2:37 pm #4085535

Radu
Supporter

Hey,

Sorry but I didn't understand your previous question. Can you tell me again what can I guide you with, please?

Thanks,
Radu

June 27, 2019 at 6:36 am #4096911

alpayU

Hello,
There are only French sentences that I can not change on footer (About us). In fact I change but it does not take effect. Otherwise, the English and Turkish language are ok.

This is the texte for footer (About us for French) hidden link :
« AShostweb vous offre un service de qualité supérieure et un hébergement Web à faible coût. Nous utilisons Panel PLESK sur nos serveurs d’hébergement Web équipés de 100% SSD. »

July 2, 2019 at 7:49 am #4124771

Radu
Supporter

Hey,

Can you send me a copy of the theme so I can install it on a clean website and try to replicate this issue, please? I checked your website once again but I couldn't find the reason why the text in English is not changing. I want to replicate this on my side and have a closer look at it.

Thanks,
Radu

July 2, 2019 at 8:24 am #4124945

alpayU

hello,
All this scares me, do you know why? Because we think to add other languages ​​like Spanish, Italian, and for the moment it is not gained from the.
Otherwise we had to modify the text of the footer but we can not find the text "login" of the head of the site.

hidden link
"Login" = "Connexion"

to which address do I send the theme?

July 2, 2019 at 12:09 pm #4126637

Radu
Supporter

Hey,

You can upload it to your Google Drive (or Dropbox) and attach the link to your message. I set the next reply to be private so we can be the only ones to see the link.

Thanks,
Radu

July 2, 2019 at 2:11 pm #4127749

alpayU

We can not translate this type of text hidden link
hidden link
its crazy

July 3, 2019 at 8:34 am #4133341

Radu
Supporter

Hey,

I had some issues with the The Zionhost Extensions plugin required by the theme (I couldn't download it, I was getting a message that it's not found) so that's why it took a bit longer to check this out.

I tried again replicate this issue on a clean install but everything is still working fine on anything I'm trying to translate. Can you tell me if you recently made any changes to the languages like changing the primary one from English to French, please? I'm trying to track down why is this happening only on your website and everything works fine when I create a new installation.

Also, can you create a package as explained in this article https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/ and send it to me, please? This way I'll be able to create a copy of your website on my computer and ask the development team to check this a bit closer.

Thanks,
Radu

July 3, 2019 at 10:09 am #4134487

alpayU

Hi,
"Can you tell me if you recently made any changes to the languages like changing the primary one from English to French, please? "
I think that old developer who installed the site made a change for the default language (instead of English, he put in French), but I'm not sure about it (even if im not sure, its really possible) ...
The site compressed: hidden link
This is the weetransfer link for you. The password for zip file is: otherness

regards

July 5, 2019 at 12:00 pm #4151073

Radu
Supporter

Hey,

Thank you for sending me the duplicator package. I was able to install it on my computer and run some more tests. I still couldn't find why is the translation working in English so I escalated this to the 2nd tier support. I will reply back here as soon as my colleagues are checking this out. In the meantime I will keep looking at this, maybe I can find the reason why this is not working as expected.

Thanks,
Radu

July 8, 2019 at 7:18 am #4159527

alpayU

Hi,
OK, thanks. We are really looking forward to the resolution of this case which is blocking us at the moment the official opening of our project.
Thanx. Alpay

July 9, 2019 at 8:25 am #4168517

Radu
Supporter

Hey,

I understand that this is very important and you'd like to have everything working fine as soon as possible. One of my colleagues already had a quick look at this to see if there's anything that might look odd in the settings. Now my colleagues will look at the website a bit deeper to see why the translation is not working in English. I linked this ticket to the issue on our list so I can give you a message back as soon as I have any update about this.

Thanks,
Radu

July 9, 2019 at 12:16 pm #4170529

Radu
Supporter

Hey,

Can you have a look at the footer text and tell me if it's translated now, please? I checked your website and it looks fine for me this time.

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] impossible to translate some texts’ is closed to new replies.