This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dennis 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Dennis.

Author Posts
July 5, 2019 at 8:17 am #4148975

frank-edouardW-2

Bonjour !

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Almost the entire page of my client is translated using WPML + Elementor + Uncode Theme. Everything is fine. But I can't find a way to translate the 'précédent / suivant' (previous / next) Nav Menu when switching to English (the menu stay in French)

Is there any documentation that you are following?
Yes, trying to find a solution on multiple websites...

Is there a similar example that we can see?
Please follow the link below...

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

July 5, 2019 at 9:18 am #4149525

Dennis

Hi,

Welcome to WPML Support forum.

Does the e string appears in WPML > String Translation page? If not, could you please try the following steps?

-go to WPML > Theme and plugins localization
-go to WPML > Theme and plugins localization. Be sure that 'Translate themes and plugins using WPML's String Translation only (don't load .mo files)' is selected.
-under Strings in the plugins section, select 'Elementor' and 'Elementor Pro' plugins
-click 'Scan selected plugins for strings'
-go to WPML > String Translation
-find and translate the strings again. check 'translation is complete' . click 'save'

Please let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Dennis

July 8, 2019 at 7:52 am #4159639

frank-edouardW-2

Thank you for your answer Dennis... Sorry but the strings for this next / previous menu does not appear 🙁 So it's impossible to translate. It's on a woocommerce product page... I've created a elementor template... does it help you to find an answer? The dead line is approaching for my client... Merci Dennis...

July 8, 2019 at 8:18 am #4159847

Dennis

Hi,

Thank you for your updates.

I would like to request temporary access (/wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. Your next reply will be set to private.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally to continue debugging and escalate if necessary. For this I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Please confirm if this okay with you.

Our Debugging Procedures
I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to BACKUP the site before providing us access.

Privacy and Security Policy
We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Kind regards,
Dennis

July 8, 2019 at 9:09 am #4160471

Dennis

Hi,

Thank you for providing us with the access details.

I can see the issue on your site. I have successfully created a duplicator package. I will download a copy and try deploy it on my local machine. Then I will continue debugging your site locally so as not to affect your site and will give you feedback when I got some results.

Kind regards,
Dennis

July 8, 2019 at 10:51 am #4161449

Dennis

Hi,

It seems that you need to translate you elementor template to english by using elementor editor and set the post navigation widget next and previous labels to english translations. To do so, please try the following steps:

-edit the 'Produit simple' template at Tempates > Theme Builder
-deactivate 'Use WPML's Translation Editor' for this template.
-click + translate.
-type in the template title.. save.
-click 'Edit with Elementor'
-copy the layout and widgets of the french translation.
-for post navigation widget. enter the english translation for next and previous labels.
-save.

Does it help? Please let me know.

Kind regards,
Dennis

The topic ‘[Closed] Impossible to translate the next / previous words in English Nav Menu’ is closed to new replies.