Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Ankit 3 years, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Ankit.

Author Posts
September 2, 2016 at 12:27 am #1054580

FilippoZ1

I am trying to: Upgrade WPML from 3.1.9.7 to the latest version (3.5.1.1).

URL of (my) website where problem appears: hidden link

Upon upgrading WPML from the Plugins page of the WP backend, I get the following error at plugin activation:

Fatal error: Class 'WPML_WPDB_User' not found in /home/zanzicom/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/sitepress.class.php on line 7

I have read other support threads where this problem is linked to older versions of other WPML plugins, but in my case I only have the core plugin installed.

If I force-activate the plugin, I get a white screen of death with this fatal error:

PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function get_default_language() on null in /home/zanzicom/public_html/wp-content/plugins/advanced-custom-fields-pro/core/wpml.php on line 32

If I disable ACF-pro, I can access the backend again. WPML appears as activated in the plugin list, but I cannot found the WPML menu in the admin sidebar.

Thank you,
Guido

September 2, 2016 at 10:20 am #1055862

Ankit

Hi Guido,

Thanks for contacting support forum, I will assist you with the issue further.

Can you please do following for me?

Deactivate all non-related wpml plugins and switch to default wordpress theme, check if similar issue still persists or not? If not, then please activate the deactivated plugins one by one and check if issue appears. If all the plugins are activated and issue is not appearing, activate your theme and check if issue appears.

// IMPORTANT: Please take database backup of your website before performing these steps, it may require in case something goes wrong.

Regards,
Ankit

September 2, 2016 at 2:18 pm #1056587

FilippoZ1

Hi Ankit, I have done all steps and the issue persists. Even with just Twenty Sixteen & no plugins at all, when I active the latest version of WPML CMS (3.5.1.1) I get no WPML menu in the backend and the message:

Your website is using ICanLocalize for professional translation. This version of WPML requires an update to your ICanLocalize project. We prepared a plugin that will do this update for you.
Download from WPML.org
After you log-in, go to Downloads and get the plugin called "Migrate ICanLocalize Translation to WPML 3.2". Install and activate it, then follow the instructions to migrate your translation project.

But when I look in my downloads section, there is no iCanLocalize migration plugin.

Cheers,
Guido

September 5, 2016 at 6:08 am #1059794

Ankit

Hi Guido,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, I will assist you.

Can you please let me know if you've a backup of the website with 3.1.9.7?

The correct way to upgrade the would be as follow.

3.1.9.7 >>> 3.2 >>> 3.3 >>> 3.4 >>> 3.5 >>> 3.5.1.1

If you've a backup, I would request you to kindly restore that backup on website, so that we can proceed accordingly.

Please let me know.

Regards,
Ankit

The topic ‘[Closed] Impossible to upgrade WPML from 3.1.9.7’ is closed to new replies.