This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
August 9, 2019 at 8:58 pm #4373001

Jon

I am trying to:
Retrieve content that has been translated by Cloudwords

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
There is no page visible right now as instances were fixed manually by client contact.

I expected to see:
Any instance of `<br class="cliff-newline" />` in the retrieved content replaced by a newline (`\n`) character.

Instead, I got:
Instances of `<br class="cliff-newline" />` were left as-is in retrieved content.

August 9, 2019 at 9:03 pm #4373017

Jon

It looks like autocorrect changed `<br class="xliff-newline" />` in my post above.

August 12, 2019 at 5:24 am #4378439

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Jon,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

Can you give me a few more details about this issue like how did you add this "<br class="xliff-newline" />" element to your content (it's a builder element maybe), please? Also, how do you want this part to appear in the translated content? Should've been copied and it wasn't?
I understand that the issue cannot be seen anywhere right now because you manually fixed this in the meantime but is there any chance that you could give me a link to a page where I can see it, once it appears once again? This way I'll be able to check things a bit closer and see what can I do about this.

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] “ in content retrieved from translation’ is closed to new replies.