This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
August 27, 2019 at 8:34 am #4463719

ricardoS-8

I am trying to: show the menu in mobile

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:Any page, just check how the menu is being displayed in mobile

I expected to see:EN and PT

Instead, I got:EN" data-menubg=""> and PT" data-menubg="">

August 27, 2019 at 8:45 am #4463915

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

This ticket has been inactive for quite a while, so I'm transforming this chat into a support ticket because I believe you're still encountering the problem. You'll still be troubleshooting the problem with me, and this way we will not lose any progress made so far.

I can see the problem on the mobile view of your site.
Can you please explain to me how do you add the Language Switcher to the menu of your site?
Are you using the option 'Menu language switcher' in WPML -> Languages?
Or do you add differently?

Thanks,
Itamar.

August 27, 2019 at 9:12 am #4464113

ricardoS-8

Hi Imar,

Yes, I'm using Menu Language Switcher like I usually do. See attached Image.

Do you want access?

August 27, 2019 at 2:31 pm #4467709

Itamar
Supporter

Thanks.

I suspect that there is a collision with the theme or another plugin that might cause this problem. If possible, get your site into a minimum environment. Minimum environment means switching to a default WordPress theme like TwentyNineteen and no plugins activated except WPML. You will need first to check if the problem persists when just the theme is switched to TwentyNineteen (for example). If it persists then deactivate all plugins except the WPML and its add-ons and WooCommerce itself. Then please check if the problem persists. If it does not persist so start by activating the plugins one by one and check when the problem comes back, then report to me which was the culprit plugin.

**** Important! Please make a full site backup (files and DB) before you proceed with those steps****

*** If your site is a live site you might want first to try those procedures in a staging environment or a snapshot of your site on your local server or another server. ***

Thanks,
Itamar.

August 27, 2019 at 5:14 pm #4468701

ricardoS-8

It seems to happen with the theme....I'll contact the theme support...is there anything I can do from WPML side?

August 28, 2019 at 9:33 am #4472775

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

We can try to help by checking the issue on a fresh WordPress installation. For this, I created a test website with a clean WordPress install. You can access it through this link:
hidden link
Through this link, you will be automatically logged in. (If nobody logs in the test site will be available for one week from today.)
Could you please install the Forexoptions theme and see if the issue is replicable on a clean WordPress installation?
Please configures WPML as it is configured on your site (default language and a second language). Please also make sure that you are installing the latest version of the theme.
When it is done, please let me know.

Thanks,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] In the mobile menu WPML is doing something strange’ is closed to new replies.