We have just released WPML 4.3.3. Before reporting issues please make sure to update - this version resolves all known issues with the major WPML 4.3 release

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dennis 6 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Dennis.

Author Posts
April 25, 2019 at 5:24 pm #3684673

lucaD-32

I am trying to:

Have a custom related product on a translated version of the product itself

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

bottom of this page: hidden link

I expected to see:

bottom of this page: hidden link

Instead, I got:

No related products are seens

April 26, 2019 at 7:59 am #3688615

Dennis

Hi,

Welcome to WPML Support forum.

Could please confirm that these products are already translated? If not, please translate them on Woocommerce > Woocommerce Multilingual

Documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/

If the products are already translated and the issue still persists, could you please try to deactivate all non-related WPML plugins except WooCommerce and Woo Custom Related Products plugins, switch theme to TwentySixteen, does the issue still persist or not?

NOTE:
+ Please backup your site completely before doing this test.

Please let me know your results. Thank you.

Kind regards,
Dennis

April 26, 2019 at 10:25 am #3689739

lucaD-32

Hello Dennis,

yes, the products are already translated. I had a chat previously with your colleague Lauren and we find out that there is a problem of compatibility (She tried on a fresh setup from her part).

She gave me this url to try this solution: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/custom-related-products-only-partially-translated-2/#post-3346803

I follow the step above with no positive results. I hope one of your team could help me more ...

Please let me know

Best regards, Luca

April 29, 2019 at 7:13 am #3700439

Dennis

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I would like to request temporary access (/wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. Your next reply will be set to private.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally to continue debugging and escalate if necessary. For this I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Please confirm if this okay with you.

Our Debugging Procedures
I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to BACKUP the site before providing us access.

Privacy and Security Policy
We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Kind regards,
Dennis

April 30, 2019 at 7:30 pm #3714599

lucaD-32

Hello Dennis,

I can't do a staging of the website because the client didn't pay for that on the SiteGround Hosting plan.

I would give you the admin to log into the website but there are so many info inside that if something will be lost it will be a big problem for me.

Let's do like this:

You can install a fresh wordpress on your side (with the last woocommerce), than you can install https://wordpress.org/plugins/woo-custom-related-products/ and try to do 2 product in the main language and relate them with the plugin. Then check in the 2nd language, you will have the same problem. (Lauren did and she had the same problem as I). If you can solve this on your part, it's mean that I can solve too if you, please, give me the instructions you did.

Lauren (your colleague) she didn't reach to solve the problem, she gave me that link but she wasn't sure that it will work....

If you are 100% sure to solve the problem, I'll give you access to the website hidden link

Many thanks
Luca

May 1, 2019 at 8:42 am #3717041

Dennis

Hi,

Could you please add this snippet in wp-content/plugins/woo-custom-related-products/woocommerce/single-product/related.php after line 44:

Note: Please backup your site completely before proceeding.

$‌‌related_product = apply_filters('wpml_object_id', $related_product, 'product', true);

Then, in WPML > Settings > Custom Field Translation, search for _wcrp_related_ids (you'll need to click on "show system fields") and set it to 'Copy'.

Does it help? Please let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Dennis

May 2, 2019 at 3:04 pm #3725843

lucaD-32

Hey Dennis,

is this solutions working on your side?

regards,
Luca

May 3, 2019 at 7:07 am #3731327

Dennis

Hi,

I tried to reproduce the issue on a clean install on our test server. Unfortunately, I was not able to reproduce the issue. You can access the test installation here:

hidden link

test product: hidden link

Maybe I missed something to reproduce the issue. If possible, could you please try to reproduce the issue on the above test server?

We had a client with similar issue and the solutions works for them. I am not sure if this will work on your end. Please backup your site completely before proceeding.

To continue debugging without affecting your site, we can migrate your site to our test server is by using Cloudways WordPress Migrator plugin ( https://wordpress.org/plugins/bv-cloudways-automated-migration/ ).

If it is OK with you, we can migrate your site to our test server from CloudWays to continue debugging without any risk on your end.

https://wpml.org/hosting-partner/cloudways/

Please let me know if you wish to proceed so I can create an application instance for you.

Kind regards,
Dennis

May 3, 2019 at 8:30 am #3732171

lucaD-32

Yes, I've tried on your server, I've installed my theme and did many tests too and everything is working fine ... I guess something is wrong on my server ... I can give you the password of my server when you are ready ... many thanks, Luca

May 3, 2019 at 9:30 am #3732639

Dennis

Hi,

I will enable the access information box so you can securely share the access credentials with us.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally to continue debugging and escalate if necessary. For this I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Please confirm if this okay with you.

Our Debugging Procedures
I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to BACKUP the site before providing us access.

Privacy and Security Policy
We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Kind regards,
Dennis

May 6, 2019 at 7:36 am #3745503

Dennis

Hi,

Thank you for providing us with the access details.

I have successfully created a duplicator package. I will download a copy and try deploy it on my local machine. Then I will continue debugging your site on my test environment and will give you feedback when I got some results.

Kind regards,
Dennis

May 6, 2019 at 9:57 am #3746725

Dennis

Hi,

Unfortunately, I was not able to deploy your site successfully on my local machine. I tried to deploy it several times but I always got an error during migration.

Anyway, it seems that the plugins stores the values in a custom field. Could you please try these steps?

-On WPML > Settings > Custom Fields Translation, click 'Show system fields'
-search for the custom field '_wcrp_related_ids' and set it to 'Translate'
-Save.
-edit the product. edit it on the original language.
-translate the product. You should have the ID field in the WCML editor to add the ID of the translated related product.

Does it help? Please let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Dennis

May 6, 2019 at 4:19 pm #3751103

lucaD-32

Hello Dennis,

well ... it's "kind of" working ... I mean: the plugin doesn't find the related products correctly:
if in the translated version I search a product by name , it shows me the english version and it doesn't work. I tried to put directly the ID of the translated version and it is working. Now I have to put one by one I guess ...

May 7, 2019 at 2:18 am #3753253

Dennis

Hi,

Yes, you have to enter the translated product ID to the translation editor to make it work.

Kind regards,
Dennis