This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
July 22, 2019 at 5:32 am #4254057

hendA

I am trying to:
translate my portfolio items
Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link
I expected to see:
hidden link
Instead, I got:
hidden link

July 22, 2019 at 9:02 am #4255091

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

Can you tell me if these portfolio items are translated into Arabic?

In order to debug this issue further quickly, would you be willing to provide me with temporary WordPress admin username so I could investigate the issue directly? I have marked your next reply private so you can safely add this information.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Please make a full backup of your site before sharing this info!

You can use plugins such as UpdraftPlus WordPress Backup Plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/) or ask your host to perform a site backup.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

July 22, 2019 at 8:46 pm #4261211

hendA

Kindly provide me with an email address to create this user.

Only some of the portfolio items have been translated.

July 23, 2019 at 12:30 pm #4265953

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Please accept our apologies for the late reply. My colleague Bruno has asked me to continue on this ticket as I can read Arabic. My email address is jamal.b(at)onthegosystems.com. I have also activated the private area to share the credentials here safely.

I'll be debugging this issue as soon as you provide a login/password.

I am also suspecting a compatibility issue with the theme, that's why I created a clean install and would like to ask you to reproduce this issue on it. This is only a suspicion, so if you want me to investigate the website before trying to reproduce it, it is fine 🙂
hidden link

Best regards,
Jamal

July 24, 2019 at 4:19 pm #4276341

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you, I have indeed received an email from your website, but I used the credentials provided in the private area.

The portfolio is generated by a Visual Composer shortcode like this.

[vc_portfolio_el items="20" filter_pos="center" portfolio_layout="masonry" layout="fullscreen" columns_fullscreen="5" include_categ="" include=""]

This shortcode is not a default one, that should be supported by WPML, I tried to configure it in WPML->Settings->Custom XML configuration to no avail. The shortcode is either provided by the theme or another plugin, and it is clearly a compatibility issue.
Please use the following link to log in to one of our test servers. Configure WPML similarly to your website, upload your theme and try to reproduce this error. Once reproduced, I'll ask our compatibility team for help.
hidden link

If the shortcode is not provided by the theme, you might need to upload one of our plugins(the one that provided the shortcode).

Thank you,
Jamal

July 26, 2019 at 11:39 am #4289451

hendA

I am afraid that's not possible, there's a restriction on the number of the servers which I can upload the theme to. Unfortunately also I am short on time.
could you tell me a Portfolio or Image Gallery WP plugin that is compatible with the WPML that I can use?

July 26, 2019 at 3:26 pm #4290437

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

I guess that you may ask the theme author for one more license, explaining that this is for WPML support to catch an incompatibility, that may benefit the theme's author too.

Otherwise, I did 2 searches on our compatibility database to get these results:
- https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/?wpv_view_count=119945&dev=0&wpv-plugin-functionality=0&wpv_post_search=gallery&wpv_filter_submit=Search
- https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/?wpv_view_count=119945&dev=0&wpv-plugin-functionality=0&wpv_post_search=portfolio&wpv_filter_submit=Search

Please, prefer those that were recently tested by the WPML team.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do. Otherwise, please mark this ticket as resolved.

Best regards,
Jamal

July 26, 2019 at 8:47 pm #4291763

hendA

I tried to replicate the problem on your server, but other problems came up 🙂
I made a translation of the home page just to test the portfolio part but in the portfolio section I can't find the WPML translation option to translate the portfolio items.

kindly advise

July 29, 2019 at 8:21 am #4297683

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

The portfolios were not translatable in the Sandbox server. Check the attached image. I made them translatable, you can now translate and try to reproduce the issue.

I also wanted to check if Duplicator is installed in your server in case we needed to escalate this issue to our developers, but the password is not working, and I could not perform the "Lost password" action with my email.

I'll let you reproduce the issue. Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Jamal

The topic ‘[Closed] In the translated version the portfolio items are not showing’ is closed to new replies.